Fryguy

White Flash Vs Ir

From April through November 2014, I had 17,000 pictures of this buck. He is a pretty mature buck I would say

post-5081-1472098542_thumb.jpg

I guess this buck was a little skittish around my white flash camera because I only had 8,000 pictures of him in 2012

post-5081-1472101153_thumb.jpg

Also should mention that if there's a food source deer will be more tolerant and can even get used to a camera much easier than a random trail setting.

I think flash spooking has alot to do with setup also. If the camera is close to the deer when it flashes I think theres more of a chance of the deer getting spooked than if its further away. Also if its shooting down a trail vs from the side of a trail. I pulled pics last week of a wide 8 pointer that stood in front of the cam getting flashed from 1:00AM to 3:30AM eating cob corn. Also I think some deer are just more camera shy than others, I have setups where the same bucks will feed every night, then there are sites where you get the buck once or twice then no more. I have a cam on an old roadbed and does will walk by it every night, doesnt seem to bother them at all.

I had one wiley old buck that I'd get one pic of him looking at the cam and the a second pic as he was turning away and then no more at that site. Then I'd get another pic a mile or so away and him turning away and then no more there too. He was a smart old bugger that I hunted 3 yrs for but never got. A neighbour shot him in the rut last year out in the middle of a wide open field, nose down following a hot doe trail.

Other than that one buck I have never had much trouble with whiteflash pics and deer. The young bucks seem to want to stand in front and get flashed way too much burning up batteries and card space!! I only have whiteflash cams, 16 homebrews....and 3 more to go out when they are ready....I may have a small problem...LOL!!

Also should mention that if there's a food source deer will be more tolerant and can even get used to a camera much easier than a random trail setting.

Thats a great point!