Sign in to follow this  
bat

The Old Bat Tower Came Tumbling Down

10 posts in this topic

I built the old tower (batcave) back in 2004 I think. Remodeled it with new steps in 2011 and did a lower platform change of lumber in 2014 to better wood. The land owner told me two weeks ago he was going to be putting in a new pivot on the ajoining field where I had it placed and clearcut the branch where I hunt between two fields. Best crossing I hunted allways see a big buck there for the last for the last probably 5-8 years. You have to be very quick to get a shot though the crossing was only 30 feet across between the big woods and that branch. I had to get a ladder stand down the tower would be in the lane of the sprayer so it would have to come down. He said he wouldn't be doing the work till after the field was cleared of the cotton crop next to me so it would be after hunting season....ha. The next day the large backhoe showed up and another hunting season down the drain.... he cleared the main part of the branch and left last monday so I went to the tower and hooked a chain to the main steps where I knew it would bring it all down. In about an hour and a half I had it cleaned up. Its tough to lose your favorite hunting place right before the hunting comes it but that life when it is free hunting. He did tell me I could hunt two more fields also but who wants to hunt in a field. Enough of the bad stuff hope you all have a wonderful time hunting this year and stay safe. How this Tinhorn that ole stand is history!

post-960-1477365777_thumb.jpg

post-960-1477365791_thumb.jpg

Aw man, that's too bad bat! That was a sweet setup.

Hey Bat, Always stinks to loose a great hunting spot! You need to check out the other areas he suggested and hunt them! Always remember 90% of life happens by showing up!

As I get older I find things happen for a reason, and I have to say always turns for the best. Never lose your Faith and I don't mean the faith in your Lord, I mean faith in life, the kids now days

call it stepping out of the box. :blink:

Take care Bat and good luck hunting this season.

what you do, not play it's electrical at the BatCave and you cant what the TV???

I knew it.....

Thanks guys for the concern. It's ok tinhorn I'm going to run me a long drop cord down there to my old golf cart and just set in it, watch TV and drink coffee lol. Last year the timber cutters came in on the right and cut right during the rut and when they left I still managed a very good nine pointer. Not bad for Ole bat. I ain't giving up.

Sorry buddy.

Things like that always seem to happen right around hunting season.

post-960-1478309306_thumb.jpg

I have to say I was fortunate to hunt this spot for a number of years for almost free. I did help with some of the land keeping it mowed where they worked on their equipment for all those years and allow them to use one of my drives and a little of my land to work their fields.

I finished (well almost) a project today and got it put in a part of a food plot area that I have been doing all those year today. It will not produce as well their but maybe just maybe I can still get in a little hunting. I took as old flatbed two wheeled trailer I had and the used materials out of the bat cave and came up with just a frame of a stand and covered that baby up with camo cloth. It looks pretty good and fairly balanced on the flatbed so I can manage it. The bad news is I had to put it nearly on top of where the bigboys used to come out of in a much weaker spot. 4 x 6 frame so their is good room, but had to give up the bath room lol.

It will be a miracle if I see a decent deer there but who knows. Very dry here and still hot enough to keep them moving at night, not looking good. Limited hunting this year but Im still trying. Good luck guys and thanks for the comment. Have a great season just enjoying the out of doors. bat

Edited by bat