• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Firemanjim

What Do You Guys Prefer? I Need Your Opinions Please

7 posts in this topic

Do any of you guys use the "Daytime Only" mode on your control boards? I am thinking of deleteing this feature on my control boards so I can make all my boards compatable with all 4 types of camera and switchable using the dip switches so as you never have to return a board to have it reprogrammed. I am also going to eleminate the 4 settings for delay times. Right now you can select no delay, 1 minute, 3 minutes, or 6 minutes when in feeder mode. I think I am going to reduce this down to simply 30 seconds or 1 minute. So basically the dip switch settings for the 4 position dip switch on the Micro and the PRO-SLAVE will be:

DIP 1 OFF = 30 second delay if DIP 2 is OFF

DIP 1 ON = 1 minute delay is DIP 2 is OFF

DIP 2 OFF = Feeder Mode with delay controlled by DIP 1

DIP 2 ON = Trail Master Mode

DIP 3 and DIP 4 controls the type of camera

DIP 3 OFF DIP 4 OFF = Type 1 Camera 1.2 second delay

DIP 3 OFF DIP 4 ON = Type 2 Camera 1.5 second delay

DIP 3 ON DIP 4 OFF = Type 3 Camera 2.0 second delay

DIP 3 ON DIP 4 ON = Type 4 Camera 2.0 second delay (Panasonics)

As long as the CG Micro S40/S600 Fasthack Trailmaster option with no delay, 30 second, and 1 minute delay programming remains available I'm ok with eliminating the other stuff you mentioned.

Edited by michiganbowbender

Jim,

I do have two builds set up as day only. Would not bother me in the least running them in 24 hr mode. Just run a little bigger memory stick. Totally black pictures don't take up much room on the card. Would be different if they were used on a feeder though. As for the delay. I would suggest 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Not many are going to know the difference between 30 seconds and one minute.

I've never used day only or a delay with any of my builds, they're always on trails, scrapes or somewhere else where I want as many photos as the board and camera will produce.

I use no cams on day only, though if I were to do so it would be videos on scrapes, etc. I concur that the delay should be more significant. I use three, or four, or five minute delays on feeders. Id say 30 seconds and one of 3-4-5 minutes for the other setting. One complaint I had with the simple sniper boards was what I thought was a ridiculous choice of trail or a 15 sec delay in feeder mode, that's not a delay, it's refresh time, IMO.

Edited by befus

I use no cams on day only, though if I were to do so it would be videos on scrapes, etc. I concur that the delay should be more significant. I use three, or four, or five minute delays on feeders. Id say 30 seconds and one of 3-4-5 minutes for the other setting. One complaint I had with the simple sniper boards was what I thought was a ridiculous choice of trail or a 15 sec delay in feeder mode, that's not a delay, it's refresh time, IMO.

On the Simple Sniper the delays settings are trail and 1 minute.

I don't think getting rid of the day only would be an issue, I have never run any cams that way.

Like everybody else on this site..I have a bunch of cameras and have never used the day only settings!