• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Ozarks-Bowhunter

P41 Not Storing Pics

50 posts in this topic

I've got an old build with a ss board. This camera has worked fine in the past but recently it stopped storing pics to the card while hooked up to the board. It will trigger and turn the camera on like it has taken a pic but there will be no stored pic. If I manually press the button it will take and store a pic to the card while hooked to the board.

I have tried multiple cards with the same outcome. Any idea what I need to look for?

Check your shutter wire

How is this cam hacked? Shutter assembly? Servo? Stereo plug? Check for continuity with your meter on the shutter wire. Maybe some frayed or broken wire(s) from use over the years.

I checked and the shutter wire was broke at the 5-wire servo. I opened the camera and took the wires loose from the shutter assembly and ran some longer wires out so I could just do away with the servo connection. Hooked my three wires coming out to the ones off the board and put it all back together.

Same problem. Board will turn camera on but not take a pic. I can manually take a picture.

I always Goop the wires where they come out of the camera, put them in a short piece of old computer mouse cable sheath and Goop them where the wires go into the servo -- making sure both cable sheath ends are also in the Goop -- this makes it all one unit with the mouse cable sheath acting both as strain relief and a protector for the wires.

I always Goop the wires where they come out of the camera, put them in a short piece of old computer mouse cable sheath and Goop them where the wires go into the servo -- making sure both cable sheath ends are also in the Goop -- this makes it all one unit with the mouse cable sheath acting both as strain relief and a protector for the wires.

That's a good idea. I normally just put a glob of silicone over that area.

I'm no cam builder by any means. I'm sure this is probably something simple I just don't have a clue.

The shutter assembly may be mis-aligned in the block, when you try to shutter a picture with the hack will it flash if the camera's in an area that would require a flash. If it doesn't then it's probably the shutter assembly or shutter wire in the hack.

Touch the shutter wire to the tripod connector on the bottom of the camera. If it still does not takea pic then the problem is some where with the shutter wire.

The shutter assembly may be mis-aligned in the block, when you try to shutter a picture with the hack will it flash if the camera's in an area that would require a flash. If it doesn't then it's probably the shutter assembly or shutter wire in the hack.

With the camera hooked up to the board I can wave my hand in front and the camera will turn on but not take a picture. I can manually push the button and it takes a picture.

Touch the shutter wire to the tripod connector on the bottom of the camera. If it still does not takea pic then the problem is some where with the shutter wire.

I will try that tomorrow as I have it all wired up now. I have the wires connected together now with sckothlok wire connectors so it's no big deal to cut a wire. are you advising to just touch the wire to the threads of the tripod hole?

Touch the tripod connector anywhere.It does not have to be the threads. The connector is a camera ground. You could also use a jumper wire. Touch one end of the wire to the screw where the shutter wire connects to the control board, and then touch the other end to the tripod connector Once I had a similar problem. The ground wire worked when shorted to the power wire, but would not work when shorted to the shutter. Doing the test I described will eliminate the ground wire as a problem.

It could be the SA needs to be re-seated. I have no experience with that because my cameras were hacked without the SA. I remember a longtime ago when someone had this problem, it was solved by moving the ground wire from Power Common to Shutter Common on the control board.

Hope you figure this out. It's always something simple.

Bob

I have two builds that use the LCD board, and once I had to re-flow the solder that connects the wires to the board. I don't use that board now because you have to solder the wires. If you move the wires when checking the camera, I think this is your problem. If you had to cut the wire in order to be able to short it to ground, that really didn't tell you which wire is the problem.

Bob