• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Sign in to follow this  
Firemanjim

A Buck I Nicknamed "skyscraper"

8 posts in this topic

I pretty much fell in love with this deer the first time I captured his picture on a trail camera. He is defenately not the biggest buck on the mountain but I really liked the kickers, or TRASH as we call them here in the south, off both of his G2's. I caught pictures of him at least 4 nights a week all season long. Never a picture in the daytime until Thanksgiving morning. I passed up over 40 bucks because I decided I was only going to hunt this buck this year. So the chase began on the opening day of bow season here in TN. The last Saturday of September. I never seen him not once from the tree stand until this morning. But I knew he was still there from the trail camera pictures. I was in the treestand 30 minutes before daylight this morning. Around 8:30 this morning a group of nine does came onto the ridge I was hunting to graze on the acorns. They were there feeding for about 30 minutes. Thanks to Scent Lock they never knew I was on the same planet with them. When all of a sudden they all "Locked Up" and started looking in the same direction. It sounded like a D9 Cat Dozer was coming up the ridge. Well It was "SKYSCRAPER"...He flushed the does like they were a covey of quail. Does broke and ran in every direction. He chased them all over the ridge with his noes up their rear....UNTIL.....at 9:08 AM he stopped in a clearing...Gave me enough time to confirm he was who I thought he was...20 seconds later the Browning X-Bolt chambered in 26 Nosler barked....He never took a step.....

DSCF0228_zpsoldjfwhw.jpg

DSCF0190_zpsr0jvggjf.jpg

DSCF0315_zpsjz5zxidp.jpg

DSCF0336_zpsljeq70rx.jpg

DSCF1825_zps0ng4v7bt.jpg

Well done Jim, great to get photos before taking the shot. So you believe the scent lock really does work? I've always been a bit sceptical about those types of things.

Way to go on the successful harvest. :ThumbsUp:

Congrats Jim great buck and story

Great job Jim, he's a dandy!