• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

bayouhunter

Wireless Remote Triggers

11 posts in this topic

Is there a certain type of wireless trigger remote to use ? I see there are 2-channel and up. I found a Yonguno RF-600 on ebay that reaches up too 100 meters. Just wondering if the hack is basically the same on all of them.

Edited by bayouhunter

I have used both 2 and 4 channel and they all work as long as the transmitter and receiver are set the same...I'm not certain ..but I think the hack is basically the same..fairly simple!

They all are not the same!!!! DO NOT ORDER THE ONES FOR A SONY CAMERA!! THEY WILL NOT WORK FOR OUR APPLICATION!!!

Here is a link for what you need to buy. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay but there is a ton of fakes so I quit buying them on Ebay. Just wasn't worth the 3 - 4$ in savings. These work out to 100 feet or so. Works on 433mhz. Good luck with your project.

http://www.cowboystudio.com/product_p/npt-04.htm

Keep us posted on the wireless builds.

I will. I'm not sure on my direction just yet. I have a viv 2000 flash that I plan on using with a w290 if I go the white flash or I was thinking of a W200 with a Viv 2800/3700 for IR havent made my mind up on that yet. I just ordered the remote from the link Jim posted. need to order my crittergetter and day night boards. Then I need to do a lot of paper sketching and measurements to see what cases I will use. I want this build with big externals/slave power to leave unattended for a long time in a remote spot

Don't order the old Day/Night boards. I have a new Remote Slave Flash Control board that will save you a lot of battery life....

Don't order the old Day/Night boards. I have a new Remote Slave Flash Control board that will save you a lot of battery life....

Agreed....the new boards are much better...but they do take up a little more space as they are mounted seperatly as opposed to the old ones that were inside the receiver.....but the new ones are well worth it!