Sign in to follow this  
Berniebac

Video Build With Point And Shoot Style Camera

Is there a point and shoot camera that is appropriate for a video build. I have an old Jazz DV camera but was wondering if any of the newer cams have become more appropriate for a video build.

Haven't built a cam in a few years but would like to have a video build.

There are several Olympus cams people are using, i think they are the VG 190 and VG170. The Pannasonic SZ9 takes nice pics and day video if you can find one. Heres a video below for an example. It has dual mics. It is 1080HD video and 16mp pics. I can't remember the camera or who posted, but they had a setup with a motion security solar power lights they used for night time videos.

There are several Olympus cams people are using, i think they are the VG 190 and VG170. The Pannasonic SZ9 takes nice pics and day video if you can find one. Heres a video below for an example. It has dual mics. It is 1080HD video and 16mp pics. I can't remember the camera or who posted, but they had a setup with a motion security solar power lights they used for night time videos.

Thanks for replying. I will take a look for some of those cameras locally to see what I can find.

That video is great, very clear. I assume the motion security light was to provide enough light for the night time videos so that an IR conversion was not necessary. That is an interesting approach and one I might like to copy, but the white light could be a little unnerving for deer. And the bears would tear into it pretty good. Man they won't leave a camera alone. My brother-in-law has had two destroyed by bears.

I know talking to Ralph(bigbassman), he said some point and shoot cams might not have a good enough image processor to pickup the light from the motion lights. I found the topic and posted the link below. I guess its not really a point and shoot camera,lol. We got lucky this year with bears and cameras, though my father in law wasn't soo lucky with his feeders and the bears.

http://www.camtrapper.com/viewtopic.php?f=...it=Nex3N#p88492