Ozarks-Bowhunter

P41 Shutter Assembly Hitting

7 posts in this topic

After installing the shutter assembly on my new p41 and putting a piece of electrical tape over it the case is much tighter getting closed. Would that be the SA hitting or the wiring coming out and will it cause a problem?

There should be plenty of room inside the camera. Where did you run the wires out? What sized wire did you use and did you add any solder to the SA? I usually just tin the wires and solder them to the SA without adding any more solder.

There should be plenty of room inside the camera. Where did you run the wires out? What sized wire did you use and did you add any solder to the SA? I usually just tin the wires and solder them to the SA without adding any more solder.

Looking at cam from the back I ran them out just left of the power on green light. As far as the wires I'm not 100% sure but used the 20-22 gauge stripper on my pliers.

I did add just a very small amount of solder but it was not humped up at all.

The case does close it's just tight and I had to squeeze together to get the screws in.

I usually use 30ga wire inside the camera. The p41's are tight and you should be fine.

I've got a couple more that I'm going to hack and I will use the 30 wire if I can find some.

Is the larger wire on the board side of the servos used just so it has less chance of breaking from handling?

I see you are from Sussex County NJ. I spent 2 months in Linden this fall and have to go back out for at least 2 1/2 more in Jan. Let me tell you for an ole country boy like me that is like a whole other world there.

I use stranded wire salvaged from desktop computer cables for hacking cameras. Depending on the computer it seems to be 28 or 30 ga. The cables contain lots of wires in many colors. Some servos come with solid wire on the camera side which is prone to breaking when it's bent, I always replace that with stranded wire from a computer cable.

I'm North and West of Linden, almost in PA and close to NY State (not city) It's a different world in the Northern part of the state, trees and green up here.lol

Yes the heavier wire is less prone to breaking but harder to rout through a camera and solder to some of the smaller contact points on some cams. That's one of the reasons that I like to use a servo connector. I even use the 30ga wire for the external power. I also prefer the stranded wire like Woody said but solid in the camera is OK since usually once you hack the cam and get it back together the wires don't move much. I do use stranded whenever I have the choice.