Sign in to follow this  
Jonnie Wilson

Kit 98 Problem

I have a Kit 98 pre amp sound board in a video build and for some reason it doesn't pickup much sound. I have these pre amp boards in a number of builds that work perfectly and normally i need to turn the volume down to look at the clips on the computer but this one I need to turn it right up.

Tried changing the 10k resistor that allows connection of the external mic with no change, then swapped the mic but again no change.

I checked and checked again that all other components are correct and caps are the right way around etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

one time I got a card of 5 resistors from Radio Shack and all them had the wrong values, might check and be they are all 10K

one time I got a card of 5 resistors from Radio Shack and all them had the wrong values, might check and be they are all 10K

I did check to make sure it is 10k and the 10k resistor that came with the kit measured 7.5k when tested once it was installed so I thought yep that's the problem, took it out and replaced it with a tested 10k resistor that I had and once installed it measures 7.5k so I'm geussing the value alters once hooked up with other components?