novascotiahunter

Sony P41 Ir Mod

11 posts in this topic

I haven't done a p41 for years, i always thought that tha glass had to be changed and that you couldn't scrape off the film, I actually tried years ago with no luck, well today I was doing a p41 and decided to try to scrape the glass and the red film came off, put the glass back in the camera and put a piece of ir material over the flash and went in the furnace room where it was dark and here are the pictures, maybe im losing it and we did this before .

darn old memory needs help today.... :D

DSC00015_zpsaaw2rgp4.jpg

DSC00012_zpskjdsdqbb.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong but seems I remember that sometimes you could get the film to scrape off of some but not others. Maybe they used a different process or type of film on some of the glass that made the difference.

The test pics looks good. :ThumbsUp:

I never had one that i could

do that to, i have another p41 that i will try also.

here are a couple more photos i plan to use this with a slave but here are some pics with just the camera flash with some ir material over the flash, not much light but still pretty good.

DSC00020_zpsxkicgg49.jpg

DSC00017_zpsqlnhlrmo.jpg

Edited by novascotiahunter

They look good. If you set the iso to 400 and bump the ev value to +1 it will help a lot with the brightness.

thanks i didnt even change much for settings will do that now

I've scraped them before, years ago, when others said they couldn't. I also used a compound to help, but I forget what it was. It came off very hard but it was successful, and clear. I just didn't like the idea of no glass, or thinner glass and all kinds of shims. Now I'm working on a black flash to use with it, but time is not on my side. Nice job.

llRC, the p52 got the ball rolling on this and then folks started having trouble getting some of them to scrape. I honestly don't remember the p41 being thus used, but someone had to have tried it back then, though back then there was replacement glass you could just drop in I think.

Every attempt that I tried to scrape, it never came off. I must of gotten the stubborn ones. ;). Glad to hear your success story.

well I have another p41 that I just tried and that one can't be scraped so put a piece of cut glass that I got from someone a few years ago and tried that, i did shim with a piece of scotch tape for my first try and here are the pictures

DSC00003_zpska7b62yf.jpg

DSC00001_zps86epwbop.jpg

Its pretty close I will try some tonight outside to see what they look like before I do anything else

DSC00011_zpsosbkmrva.jpg

DSC00010_zpsiiek5il8.jpg

DSC00006_zpswwilyyx4.jpg

Edited by novascotiahunter