• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

wvridgerunner

New P41 And S600 Builds

11 posts in this topic

I've been spending most of my free time lately building cams with some extra parts I have lying around. Just finished these 2 recently. The first is a Sony s600 in a Pelican 1040 with Bigfoot Board, Security Pipe, and 4AA External Power. I plan to swap the current Bigfoot Board with a fast hack the next time I place an order from snapshot sniper.

DSC_0030_zpsup13ytgl.jpg

DSC_0047%201_zps52tanevg.jpg

The 2nd is a Sony p41 in an Otter 3250, Yeti Board with raised pir and an HPWA, Security Pipe and 6AA for External Power. This is my first time using a 3250 in a build without a slave. I actually like this case/board/camera combo. It was nice not having to worry about cramming everything into a small case.

DSC_0042_zpspdfyokiv.jpg

DSC_0051%201_zpsruzkzpia.jpg

Here are a few test pics from the yard. I was happy to see these guys made it through our gun season.

DSC03128_zpsh1o08xqo.jpg

DSC03127_zpsrcqlz5ld.jpg

DSC02896_zpsysf4pz9f.jpg

DSC00207_zpskysf9goq.jpg

DSC00404_zpslramsiqd.jpg

Edited by wvridgerunner

Beautiful builds and great photos. And, the camo is just super on that red maple bark.

Did you have to grind either the 1040 case or the S600 to get the camera to fit in the case? I'm about ready to do a similar build but it looks like material has to be removed to get the camera in the case.

Edited by Woody Meristem

Beautiful builds and great photos. And, the camo is just super on that red maple bark.

Did you have to grind either the 1040 case or the S600 to get the camera to fit in the case? I'm about ready to do a similar build but it looks like material has to be removed to get the camera in the case.

Thanks Woody,

You do need to do a little grinding, but it's very minimal. I took a bit off each side of the case. I posted a step by step pic tutorial on another hunting forum, so I actually took a pic that might be of help to you. Doesn't take near as much grinding as a p41, so if you've ever done a 1040 p41, you should have no trouble at all with this build.

DSC_0012%20copy_zpsxkudun0a.jpg

Thanks, I've not done a P41, but I do have 13 S40s and P32s; all but two are in 1040s so I've done a bit of grinding on the cases. In the photo of your build I didn't notice any grinding so I couldn't figure how you got the S600 to fit.

Thanks, I've not done a P41, but I do have 13 S40s and P32s; all but two are in 1040s so I've done a bit of grinding on the cases. In the photo of your build I didn't notice any grinding so I couldn't figure how you got the S600 to fit.

Oh ok, yeah I definitely had to do some grinding, but you can't really see that in the finished build due to the textured paint and rope seal. This is my first s600 build using a 1040, I'm liking this setup better than the Otter 3000's I normally use.

Edited by wvridgerunner

great builds and pics

It's hard to beat the s600 and p41 still two of my favorite cams out there

What I really like about the 1040s is that they'll fit into a modified Cutler/Hammer 60 amp A/C disconnect box which then becomes a steel security box.

post-8954-1482425141.jpg

What I really like about the 1040s is that they'll fit into a modified Cutler/Hammer 60 amp A/C disconnect box which then becomes a steel security box.

I've been wanting to use a steel box like that Woody, just haven't done it yet. I bought a smaller A/C disconnect box for the 1020 size case... I think I'm gonna use it on my next W55 vertical 1020 build. You can easily fit a W55, 6AA externals, pipethrough, and an SSII in the 1020 vertically, makes for a great build. Even with the steel box added, it should still be fairly compact and lightweight.

Edited by wvridgerunner

Nice job, they look great.