Sign in to follow this  
ko4nrbs

Tp4056 Charger Project

7 posts in this topic

Hi bill,

I have one of these in a build. One that will take a 4-8v input. And I feed it with a 6V 800mah solar panel. I run the whole build off of one 18650 battery. I showed the mock up of the panel and amp meter charging a battery with this controller this summer. It charges to 4.2V. I haven't checked to see if it is full when shut off but it will be close enough. I used a protected 18650 in the build just for extra safety.

one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-USB-5V-1A-Lit...rAAAOSwaNBUivQA

Hi bill,

I have one of these in a build. One that will take a 4-8v input. And I feed it with a 6V 800mah solar panel. I run the whole build off of one 18650 battery. I showed the mock up of the panel and amp meter charging a battery with this controller this summer. It charges to 4.2V. I haven't checked to see if it is full when shut off but it will be close enough. I used a protected 18650 in the build just for extra safety.

one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-USB-5V-1A-Lit...rAAAOSwaNBUivQA

Pretty Slick!!

Bill

Here is one camera I have setup using these. It's messy on the inside. It does not need the wire nuts, I could have soldered the two wired to the tp4056. had the other wires on them already so just nutted them. solar panel isn't hooked to it at the moment but you can see where it gets wire nutted to the cable outside the 1040 but inside the AC disconnect. The one 18650 runs the Bigfoot board and the camera. Set up the way it is in the pictures. I ran it over a corn pile in LA for 3 nights and got a bit over 700 pictures all at night before it stopped. And that is with a bigger flash cap in the camera. The AC disconnect obviously needs some finishing as well.

IMG_0039_zpsvah3mwqb.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsd2im8wc6.jpg

IMG_0042_zpsttvgna8x.jpg

Edited by speed2spare

Nice work!! Thinking outside the box for sure.

Thanks for the pics.

Bill

Here is one camera I have setup using these. It's messy on the inside. It does not need the wire nuts, I could have soldered the two wired to the tp4056. had the other wires on them already so just nutted them. solar panel isn't hooked to it at the moment but you can see where it gets wire nutted to the cable outside the 1040 but inside the AC disconnect. The one 18650 runs the Bigfoot board and the camera. Set up the way it is in the pictures. I ran it over a corn pile in LA for 3 nights and got a bit over 700 pictures all at night before it stopped. And that is with a bigger flash cap in the camera. The AC disconnect obviously needs some finishing as well.

IMG_0039_zpsvah3mwqb.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsd2im8wc6.jpg

IMG_0042_zpsttvgna8x.jpg

So there are no batteries in the camera?

Bill

No, no batteries in the camera. Just the one 18650 that you see in the corner that runs the camera and the Bigfoot board.

I am planning on building another like this with an SSII board and using modular contacts on the camera. So that one would need something like a 14500 in the camera and the camera modded to run off of the one battery outside of the build. My fear though is that since the 14500 only have a capacity of about 600mah it will charge up quick and shut the charger off. Maybe the two batteries will balance and it will charge as one load. Guess I can mock up a solar panel, TP4056, an AA holder, and an 18650 holder. Put batteries in them and see what happens.