1encore

Ir Material

7 posts in this topic

putting together a w200 IR build and was wondering which IR material i should use with a 2800 flash, so if anyone out there has built one what did you use?--thanks----tom

The W200 sees the light very well. The stuff Gary has will work nicely, if the subjects are going to be really close to the camera you may want to add a second layer.

you think the stuff ralph sells would be better? 750nm? that is darker than 670nm right? lol it will mostly be on a bait set.

Hard to say. I like to use the 670 because if I ever need the distance I have it and then tape or goop a second layer on the outside that's removable. The 750 probably would be OK though.

The last IR build I did I used a viv 2000 which has a flash about the same as the 2800 and I used a 670 and it works well. I am doing a build now with a viv 3700 and I am going to use the 750 filter. I honestly think that either one will work well with a 2800.

The 750nm will work well with the 2800. I have used it with a Viv 2000 and get plenty of distance with it.