• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonnie Wilson

No Apples...again

7 posts in this topic

Mum and Dad planted this apple tree around 1975 and although it produces plenty of fruit we have never actually been able to eat any. The tree is at our holiday house in North East Victoria and it only gets water from the sky, so it has done well to survive as summer temps are in the mid to high 30C for weeks on end. It does get plenty of apples but before they are ripe the cockatoos and other parrots move in and can strip it in a couple of days and now an ever growing population of Fallow deer have taken a liking to the scraps left on the ground. There is also a Loquad tree on the left of the photos of about the same age that gets the same treatment from the local wildlife.

These photos were from the week before Christmas with a S600 and SS11 board.

The pic with the rabbit up close has 3 roos in the background if you can spot them, and the fox eats the loquads also.

DSC00012_zpsklomkx2c.jpg

DSC00021_zpso9myermm.jpg

DSC00103_zpsdbkpkj8t.jpg

DSC00117_zpsq0rlfdg4.jpg

Nice pictures. Bummer you don't get the fruit though if you actually want it.

Nice pics!

Nice sharp photos. Apples appeal to most wildlife, but maybe not to some of your native species that didn't evolve with apples of some sort in their environment.

You are a lucky man!