BowmanPa

P32 Build Older Ss Board

4 posts in this topic

Been a long time since I have posted or asked question but a friend of mine asked me to look at a build I did for him a few years ago.

It is a P32 with the older SS board that has the 9v battery mounted to it. My question is how long the red light blinks before it arms the board.

When I first turn it on it keeps blinking and will not arm the board.

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking the board should arm itself after 30 seconds of no motion, but it could be 1 minute. The board probably isn't arming itself and taking pics because it keeps detecting motion while in test mode (hence the blinking). You need to place the cam pointing somewhere that it won't detect motion for at least 30 seconds. Then, the red light should blink fast 5-10x to tell you it's entering pic mode. Then it should start snapping pics. Also, you might wanna make sure to use a fresh 9v battery. I've had boards do strange things when the battery is low.

WV has you covered with good advice. Also check where the wires connect to the board and make sure they aren't partially broken. After that check the voltage regulator. There's a post here somewhere in how to check it.

Thanks guys... I found out I had a bad battery and when I replaced it everything started working how I remember it should....

Man has it been a long time since I messed with a build.