• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

wvridgerunner

Do These Ir P32 Pics Look Clear To You Guys?

7 posts in this topic

As the title says, what do you guys think of these pics? This is the first no glass IR p32 conversion I've done that seems to be at least semi successful. My first 2 attempts ended with me taking too much material off the IR filter holder.

The pics look pretty good to me, but I don't have any other P32 IR pics to compare with. The pic of the camper is a little grainy, but I think the focus is pretty good. I did tweak the brightness slightly so I could see the "Montana" logo a bit better. The camper is around 50ft, the bush about 18-20ft, and the cat around 10ft.

DSC00002_zps21afgwz8.jpg

DSC00004_zpsza2pc0fv.jpg

DSC00011_zpsd4vnvn9e.jpg

I think they look pretty good. What settings are you using?

I think they look pretty good. What settings are you using?

I'm using the program mode, infinity focus iso 400 + flash fine pic quality.

Those are the settings I would use too. If you need a little more light in the night pics you can always bump the EV value a little.

Those are the settings I would use too. If you need a little more light in the night pics you can always bump the EV value a little.

Thanks for the suggestion. Does the higher EV value wash out the day pics at all? If so, I can just do a batch edit in photoshop to brighten all the night pics at once.

PSP or other Imagine Edit programs can fix the pix when you get the Big Buck B)

post-625-1488459467_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. Does the higher EV value wash out the day pics at all? If so, I can just do a batch edit in photoshop to brighten all the night pics at once.

It might a little but with the ir conversion you probably won't notice it much. I would try it without any changes and then if you feel you need to bump it one step at a time.