• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

befus

Befus In For Hip Surgery

16 posts in this topic

Boo! It was just a matter of time, but I'm in for hip replacement on Tuesday morning. Thought several other joints might beat it, but my right hip just went out suddenly in early Jan. Tried other treatment to no avail. Coupled with my other health issues, I must admit to being pretty nervous going in. Hopefully it will be a can of corn, in baseball parlance, but if not, well I enjoyed my associations here. I'll check in when I'm on the mend. :smileyflag:

Randall

Edited by befus

My wife just had her left hip replaced on March 28th and she is getting around pretty good already but using a walker yet. She said she really never had much pain with it after just swelling.

My Mother-InLaw had it too and said it wasn't too bad, she was 79 or 80 years old then, she's 84 I think now and she walks where ever she wants to go and never complaints. The doctors must have it down for that, bet you will be find....

if you don't tho, will you give me your cams....

You will be back before you know it. As others have stated these things improve and procedures have evolved. Have a speedy recovery and you will be back at it soon.

Will keep you in prayer. Same as others have said about the procedure, mother had it and was up and walking (with some help) next day and with walker day after.

Good luck befus You will be up and around before you know it

Good luck from Australia. As others have said hip replacement has come a long way over the years, so i have no doubt you'll be up and about in no time. Regards John.

Hope it went well buddy and you are back with us soon.

You will do just fine Befus, I have no doubts about that.

Hey guys and thanks. Tolerated the procedure pretty well and was out of the horse pistol in a day. Ticker issue resulted in unscheduled CT-scan, but no major problem at this time. We've had torrential rains (one friend measured over 18 inches in eight days) so it wasn't a bad time to be cooped up. Went to a parking lot yesterday to do 250 yards with my walker and might have over done it just a tad, but will be back at it today. Incision/implant site pretty sore, but joint pain eliminated completely. Staples out the 10th. Update at that time :)

Glad to hear the first phase went well. Just follow your Dr's orders and you will be good as new in no time.

Six week (already!) check-up today and all is on track. Still a little sore, but the doc was pleased and I'm good for another six weeks. Walking about a half mile now and hoping it continues to improve. At this rate I ought to be ready for deer season!!!

Edited by befus