Sign in to follow this  
wvridgerunner

Another Fs7 Complete

7 posts in this topic

Here are some pics of a new build I just finished. Panasonic FS7, SSII board in a black Pelican 1020 case. I added a toggle switch for power, security pipe, 6AA externals, 3d camo, 3d printed snorkel and a screw in mount on the back. This one was built for someone else, but I definitely want to make one of these for myself soon. The FS7 takes amazing closeup pics.

DSC_0050_zpsjabpotyz.jpg

DSC_0055_zpsqekepcfw.jpg

DSC_0056_zpstp5tt4ow.jpg

That is an awesome build! The fs7 is probably my favorite camera for picture quality and the SSII is what makes those tiny builds possible. Great job!!

nice job! just wondering , by having the case with the hinges on top, doesn't it make it harder to change cards etc.? just wondering.

Cost to make that? Any idea on how long the batteries will last with your externals?

Nice!

nice job! just wondering , by having the case with the hinges on top, doesn't it make it harder to change cards etc.? just wondering.

I'm not sure what you mean? I've seen no difference between having the hinges on top or bottom, I just prefer the hinge on top layout.

Cost to make that? Any idea on how long the batteries will last with your externals?

The cost really depends on how much you pay for the camera. I had about $150 in this build. This setup probably wouldn't be good for setting and leaving for 4+ months at a time because it uses AA's, but I estimate it should be able to take between 1,100-1,600 pics, depending on the battery quality, temps, and how many flash pics it takes.

Very nice!