• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

CHRIS WARDEN MEMORIAL FUND   08/08/2017

Thanks to all who contributed, we collected just under $500.00. I sent a check Monday (8-7-2017) to his wife for $500.00 along with a card expressing Forums condolences. 

Jonnie Wilson

Control Board Identification

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything about the board below. I don't actually have it yet as its in the post to me to see if I can get it working again. I can remember seeing something a while ago about changing the board power set up somehow but don't know if it was this board type or not.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

Screenshot_20170606-211432.png

Screenshot_20170606-211420.png

That's an XLP board, powered by two coin cell batteries in the back.

Thanks for that. I might have some more questions when I get hold of it as I know nothing about the dip positions.

Thanks for that. I might have some more questions when I get hold of it as I know nothing about the dip positions.

FYI: http://web.archive.org/web/20081209160003/...IP_SELECTOR.pdf

Another suggested mod on those boards: http://www.diytrailcams.com/post/XLP-board-5990858

FYI: http://web.archive.org/web/20081209160003/...IP_SELECTOR.pdf

Another suggested mod on those boards: http://www.diytrailcams.com/post/XLP-board-5990858

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I found the battery mod post here on hags and are hoping that will be a simple fix for the board... but all of the dips had me a bit worried, but not any more. Thanks again.

When you get it just post up here what it's doing and not doing and we'll get you all fixed up and running.

When you get it just post up here what it's doing and not doing and we'll get you all fixed up and running.

OK, I got the cam, flipped the board and removed the 2 coin cells... both dead flat. Rather than try to replace them I added 2 aaa battery holders and connected them to the mounting block. The board already has an external on off switch.

When I turned on the power the green led blinked 4 times and then 2 quick blinks. I turned it off and on a couple of times but the led doesn't always blink. After a while it detects movement, turns the camera on and takes 2 pics.

The dip positions are as follows; 1 2 3 4 off. 5 on. 6 7 8 off. 9 on 10 11 off. 12 on. Are there better dip settings to be more like activity mode on the sniper boards?

I tried looking at the XLP manual but found it quite confusing.

You must choose which camera you have attached from the list below Dip 3 & 4. All Dips

are DOWN/OFF: With the exception of Dip 5 immediate picture, Dip 11 control board

power, and Dip 12 PIR sensor power are left on, 24 hour mode of operation. With these

selected, your unit is going to work with the simplest setting available.

Is what you have I think and should be best. I ran into problems with these older boards which I think I gave up on. You might try 5/off and 10/on just for kicks.

I'm away for a few days and will try the other settings when I get home. Thanks.

The XLPs are real dinosaurs when compared to something like the SS11 that we can use today.