Ozarks-Bowhunter

P41 Keeps Resetting To Original Settings

8 posts in this topic

I have three p41's and all three have been resetting back to original settings after being out . It's not happening every time and they sometimes still have good battery levels when picked up.

Any ideas what might be going on?

The internal batteries could be going bad. Is it reverting to the set date and time screen?

The internal batteries could be going bad. Is it reverting to the set date and time screen?

John....if the internal batteries were bad wouldn't the camera batteries still hold the settings until they were dead or pulled ?

If they go back when you take the AAs out to change them the problem is the internal batteries.

Even when you pull the camera batteries....the external batteries(if used) should hold the settings. Just dont pull the externals batteries until the camera batteries are replaced.(or vise versa) This is a fairly common issue with the older cameras. I'm curious if the internal batteries can be replaced.

John....if the internal batteries were bad wouldn't the camera batteries still hold the settings until they were dead or pulled ?

They should as long as they still have enough voltage. The internals are a coin cell so around 3 volts or just over.

Even when you pull the camera batteries....the external batteries(if used) should hold the settings. Just dont pull the externals batteries until the camera batteries are replaced.(or vise versa) This is a fairly common issue with the older cameras. I'm curious if the internal batteries can be replaced.

I don't remember exactly where the battery is but I think it's attached to a ribbon cable somewhere, near the memory card slot I'm pretty sure and the ribbon cable with the battery can be replaced.