• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

arrowsmith

Batteries

14 posts in this topic

I haven't been on here for some time so I'm a bit behind on the latest work people are doing.
What are you using these days for AA batteries? Do most people still use rechargeables what do you have recommendations for places to buy and which batteries? I think the last ones I bought(several years ago) were Eneloop and I think I got them from a member here.
Thanks much!

In my opinion Eneloop are still the best. I have had good luck with Imedion low self discharge batteries too. I think the eneloops are a slightly better battery of the two.

I agree that eneloops are better, i got imedions that for what ever reason don't make good contact in my s600s...they work fine as external power in a battery holder but unreliable in the actual camera. I tried lifting the battery contacts in the camera, cleaned them with contact cleaner but the imedions will turn the camera on for a couple of seconds then it turns itself off kinda like the batteries are flat. Tried them in different cameras with the same result.

eneloops are a good bat but they not stand up to Duracell in my country and I use a strip of tinsel across the batt when I close the door Duracell works best for me I find --ben

1 hour ago, bobopool said:

eneloops are a good bat but they not stand up to Duracell in my country and I use a strip of tinsel across the batt when I close the door Duracell works best for me I find --ben

Ben can you explain what you use the tinsel for.

14 hours ago, Badgerbuckhunter said:

Ben can you explain what you use the tinsel for.

true time the tabs get pushet down with the tinsel I sure of a good connection and it a little titer pushing the batt down I find it works good it saves from pulling the tabs up ..ben

well duh, I always thought tinsel was plastic and would be an insulator not a conductor . . .goes to show what I think I know . . .

Well I have done extensive online research on this topic. What I found was that eneloops are best, but they were previously made in Japan. Now that they are made in China the performence has dropped. The factory in Japan that made them is now making Ikea ladda and Amazonbasics high capacity batteries which are thus, according to some, rebranded eneloop pro batteries. The specs seem to fit and you can get them for a fraction of the price of eneloops. 

Unfortunately I have not been able to test them out myself yet, but when I buy new batteries I will certainly go for the Ikea or Amazon. If anyone here happens to test them out, please tell us how they perform. My two cents :)

Just for clarification. I believe the tinsel that bobopool is referring to is tinfoil. 

On 6/23/2017 at 3:09 PM, camtrapperdoa said:

Well I have done extensive online research on this topic. What I found was that eneloops are best, but they were previously made in Japan. Now that they are made in China the performence has dropped. The factory in Japan that made them is now making Ikea ladda and Amazonbasics high capacity batteries which are thus, according to some, rebranded eneloop pro batteries. The specs seem to fit and you can get them for a fraction of the price of eneloops. 

Unfortunately I have not been able to test them out myself yet, but when I buy new batteries I will certainly go for the Ikea or Amazon. If anyone here happens to test them out, please tell us how they perform. My two cents :)

Thanks....thats some usefull info!

I have used the original enoloops piles and the amazon basics quite a bit now as well. A wee bit early for me to be totally convinced and assured, but so far they seem to be a true performer. They have worked equally well up here in our colder Saskatchewan winter climate. Similar to the enoloops.  

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, bobopool said:

yes it tin foil so use calling it tinsel when  aske the wife for some she knows soorey for the bobo lol  ben