• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonnie Wilson

DXG 125 Focus

7 posts in this topic

I have a dxg 125 that seems to be a little out of focus. It is stock standard lens with no exchanger. I only use them for daytime videos and it annoys me when i get some good footage and its like there's  a smudge on the glass.

Does anyone know if the original fixed lens can be focused? 

Thanks

Yes...They can be 

That's  good. Does the lens need to be removed or can it be twisted a bit? I'm  guessing the camera would need to be hooked up to the computer to see what is happening?

Make sure you don't have something close, tip of tree branch, tip of grass, that the auto focus is picking up on. Could even be edge of lens hole.

4 hours ago, Badgerbuckhunter said:

Make sure you don't have something close, tip of tree branch, tip of grass, that the auto focus is picking up on. Could even be edge of lens hole.

I'm sure sure it's a focus issue as i can take the camera out of the build and test it outside the case. If i compare a clip from it to another from a different camera taken from the same place it's not sharp but slightly out of focus in comparison.  It really annoys me so I'm hoping someone can tell me how to adjust it.

If I remember correctly you will have to take the board loose and pull it from the case with the wires connected to the batteries, so you can run the camera and adjust, you should be able to turn the lens. 

2 hours ago, Badgerbuckhunter said:

If I remember correctly you will have to take the board loose and pull it from the case with the wires connected to the batteries, so you can run the camera and adjust, you should be able to turn the lens. 

2 hours ago, Badgerbuckhunter said:

Terrific, that's what I was hoping..but didn't want to turn it in case i destroyed the lens. Thank you for your help.