• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Jonnie Wilson

AA or C cell

7 posts in this topic

I don't know which was way to go. If i put 4 AAs in a build for external power for an S600, would they last longer than 2 C cells?

I normally have 2 eneloops in the camera and either energiser or duracell backups.

I have room for either the 4 AAs or 2 Cs. Thanks.

Use 2 C cells with the largest capacity you can find.  AA wouldn't have as much capacity. All depends how long you expect to leave the cameras deployed.

Bill

Hi guys_I don't have the info before me, but it is almost amazing how much more power C-cells have over AA's, especially with our low draw application, One is almost always better using the largest battery possible. D's are amazing ;) And just the ease of exchanging and keeping up with fewer is a worthwhile goal. Cheers!

I would go with the Cs...but was always under the impression that for capacity that 2AAs=1C  and 2Cs =1D

5 hours ago, zaj56 said:

I would go with the Cs...but was always under the impression that for capacity that 2AAs=1C  and 2Cs =1D

That's pretty accurate, Of course it all depends on the brand of battery and actual capacity. I usually go with aa;s as externals, that way I have the option to run all rechargeable if I want to.

Ok thank you for the help. If i used the chart correctly the 2 x Cs are clearly better than the 4 x AAs.

JDH, i like to use rechargeables in my own cams but i find if i make them for others they.... for some reason get confused with rechargeable batteries and don't charge them properly or try to use cheap ones that won't last etc.