• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

CHRIS WARDEN MEMORIAL FUND   08/08/2017

Thanks to all who contributed, we collected just under $500.00. I sent a check Monday (8-7-2017) to his wife for $500.00 along with a card expressing Forums condolences. 

Jonnie Wilson

S600 settings battery

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if this is the correct battery to replace the coincell settings battery in an S600? I have a few cameras that need the settings reset each time the batteries are removed, i think most S600s will need this battery changed at sometime. 

The battery is easy to get to so i thought when i pull one apart to do the hack i might as well do the battery at the same time...just need the correct battery. Thanks.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282468503412

Ok I take it no one on here worries about holding  the camera settings when the batteries are flat or out of the camera.

I sell a few homebrews and the most common problem I have is with people not being able to reset the settings once they are lost, that's why i'm trying to replace the coin cell battery.

The actual sony replacement part is #1-756-539-21 but it is no longer available, there are different part # for different cameras that are actually the same battery but also no longer available.

There are no specs for the battery only the part #. I'm geussing it's rechargable and 3 volts?

Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained so I've ordered a couple to give them a try. :o

Usually tossing in an set of alkaline batteries for a period of time seems to charge them back up. On a few occasions that that didn't do it I think I just changed the backboard on the camera. Once maybe twice I've swapped the batteries from a different board but not very often.

Some do charge back up and keep working but now i find some are just dead and no longer charge at all.

I just ordered 10 batteries for $39.95 AU so hopefully if they work the cameras should be good for another 10 years.

I got the rechargeable coin cells and have replaced them in all my S600s. No batteries in the cameras for 2 weeks and put batteries in, turn on and no need to set the date again. The battery replacement is an easy job to do and well worth it in my opinion.