Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buckhuntertrailcam

Hello new to the "HOUSE"

4 posts in this topic

Hello, not sure if it is done or not some forums require a new member to introduce themselves. If someone can please let me know that would be great. I am having trouble finding my way around In guess I will get the hang of it? My first question is, where is the best place to find out the plave to start to build my first cam? I cant seem to get a starting point. It seems that the Sony S600 seems to be the camera to but to get the best still images both in the day and night? I looked for them on ebay and none available so what is another good camera to buy? I can get a Sony S 700 will this work or has it got to be an S600? Anyway just a few questions and I hope someone gets back to me thanks all.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are lots of good cameras that can be used, it all depends on what you want and how you plan on using them. Here's a list of some of the cameras you can use. Some cameras being used now can do video during the days and pictures at night. Some cameras are better than others for IR. Some cameras you will need a slave flash some you don't need it. Some cameras are easier hacks than others. So all depends on how your planning on using it

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/67-camera-hacks-help-and-instruction/

Thank you  for the reply. I shall go through the list you sent in the attachment. I want to use the camera to take images of deer, I want to use a flash of a night, so I get colour images not IR. Would you be so kind and be able to list a few cameras that would be suitable for this application? Thanks again.

It's hard to beat the quality of pictures from the Panasonic FS series cameras. I like to add a slave flash to all my builds as it makes for a more versital setup where I can turn the extra flash off for close in shots or on for further shots