• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

CHRIS WARDEN MEMORIAL FUND   08/08/2017

Thanks to all who contributed, we collected just under $500.00. I sent a check Monday (8-7-2017) to his wife for $500.00 along with a card expressing Forums condolences. 

Badgerbuckhunter

Loss fo a Hagshouse Member

19 posts in this topic

I received very sad news today and want to let everyone know about the death of a longtime member "212" Chris Warden of Hags House. Below is a partial note I received from his brother this morning. Anyone who knew Chris appreciated the help he would offer to its membership, including myself. Recent new members will find lots of very detailed posts on various builds he did and most helpful was the troubleshooting he was able to do, solving lots of problems for us along the way.

R.I.P. my friend and heartfelt condolences to his wife Peggy and the entire Warden Family.

Hi, this is Chris 212's little brother Chuck. 

Chris passed away last week. He had been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer which had already spread to his bronchial tubes. He knew the odds were slim and decided not to go through treatment. Chris and Peggy had been told he would last 2 to 4 months but he held out over à year and died at home. 

His wishes are to be cremated and to have his ashes buried under à pine tree at his house outside La Vernia,TX. 

I asked Peggy and she Said it would be ok if I informed this forum of his passing. I do feel it would be better if a regular member did that. I live in Sweden and was planning à trip here in september but came as fast as I could. Chris just got too worse too fast.      Take care. Henry C Warden

Very sad news. Chris was a great help to me and I held him in the highest personal regard. He was a wonderful online friend and never failed to provide advice and counsel. He wrote in PM's if the issue was personal ,and I felt cheated when he decided to relinquish his role here. This is obviously worse and I extend my deepest condolences to Peggy and his other family and friends. RIP Chris.

Edited by befus

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. He will be missed!

Edited by johnnydeerhunter

No!!!!!!!

I don't know to say; I feel he was one of my friends too, along every else here.........

Sad news indeed. Out of the blue 212 popped into mind last week. Wondered how he was doing. He was smart beyond compare to most on here, yet could dumb down explaining everything to where us less knowledgeable could understand what he was telling us. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest in peace my friend. 

Very sad, he will be missed. Thoughts go out to his family.

I never met him, but through messages and posts over the last twelve years I feel like I knew him. He gave so much to this hobby and I learned so much from him.  What a loss, I hope he rests in peace.

Here is Chris Warden (212) Obituary http://tinyurl.com/ycnatdcs

Christopher Lee Warden

Christopher Lee Warden, 59, passed away peacefully in his home in La Vernia, Texas, on Monday, July 17, 2017, surrounded by his family.

He was an auto mechanic, but he could repair just about anything else too. Christopher was always ready for another project and helped anyone in need. His motto was, do one thing, do it right, and then do something else.

He was preceded in death by his father, Henry C. Warden.

Christopher is survived by his wife of 39 years, Peggy (Stevens) Warden; mother Dorthy Warden; daughter Jennifer Racey; grandsons Zachary Poston, Kriegen Racey, and Roman Racey; brother Henry C. Warden Jr. and wife Anja; stepsisters Carolina Warden and Valeska Warden; stepbrother Adam Warden; a special aunt, Faye Cooper; and many other family members.

A private family service will be held to honor his memory.

We are all very thankful to have been able to have him with us for the past year since his lung cancer diagnosis, said his family. The family would like to thank Nurses In Touch Hospice in Floresville for their help.

Please see announcement about sending card/gift. Thank you in advance.

Chris/212 was a tremendous resource to this community.  He will be greatly missed.  Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Chris was a tremendous help to almost everyone here on hags.  I never got the pleasure and honor to meet him but knew his character was one of the best that I was privileged to know thru the forum.  I can't find the words to say what a loss his passing will be.  My prayers go out to his wife and the entire family.  I know he loved his wife, I think we had talked about it a couple of times.   A friend that I will always remember.  

This is indeed very sad news. Even though I never had the privilege of meeting Chris in person, we did talk a few times on the phone and conversed through PMs here on Hags. He was always willing to help anyone that needed it and was a well respected member of the homebrew community. He gave so much of his time, effort and knowledge to this site as did his wife Peggy and it would not be what it is today if it were not for the both of them. My thoughts and prayers go out to Peggy and Chris' entire family. R.I.P Chris 

RIP Chris  Sending prayers to the family

Blessing and Prayers to All The Family!

Chris was a very good man! May he rest in peace!

Sending prayers to the family.