• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Thank you note   08/24/2017

I receive this thank you note from Peggy Warden  Mr. Stadler,  I didn’t post this under announcements, but you can if you want.  Thank you very much for sending the card, money and letting the members know about Chris’s death.  The members on Hagshouse are a special group of guys.  I knew that you all have really big hearts from past experiences when I was helping with charity auctions, etc. But I didn’t know what to say when I got a card with a $500.00 check because Chris had been inactive for a good while now.  Thank you all for the money and the kind words that were written about him on the website.  It was a great comfort for our family to read through each post.  It is just amazing that guys, most of whom I have never met in person, hundreds of miles away, reach out to help with prayers and money.  Chris and I were very thankful for being able to have come to know allot of you through e-mail and phone conversations, being part of your website and running the store.  Life without Chris is the hardest thing in life that I have ever had to do, but it sure does make it easier to bear with friends like you.  There has got to be a big meeting place reserved up in heaven where all the Hagshouse guys get together.  God bless you all!  Sincerely, Peggy Warden P.S.  Chris had signed me up with the Hagshouse member name of “Methuselah”.  As some of you may know, Methuselah was the oldest person in the Bible.  Lol!  He did have a sense of humor.
    • Badgerbuckhunter

Tapatalk   09/02/2017

Please see posting in "Cabin" I need your help.

Sign in to follow this  
pdskal

I'm alive!

5 posts in this topic

Hello Hag's Family!  I wanted to give you all an update in regard to my lack of activity around here the past 6 months or so.  My health has been great along with family too. After the New Year, I couldn't prioritize the time needed to navigate the forums like I once did the past 5 years. 3 kids in high school activities, entrepreneur work opportunities, local community volunteering & family travel limited my time dedicated to cam trapping.  Navigating forums became very lean.

I want to hear from you. Post up, send me a message, whatever works, let me know what you've been up to!   -Paul

Hey Paul glad to see your ok. I hear the kid thing, my 16 yr old niece told us late winter she wanted to get certified in scuba this summer. The hardest part of this whole ordeal was coming up with when she could go! It ended up being a lot of fun and it was great experience for her and her Aunt and Uncle. Hunting is coming and my nephew is 10 years old and he wants to hunt deer this year, he weighs 68 lbs and I will have to have him use a crossbow. I took him Turkey hunting in the spring and it was a good thing I had a large tent, so he could do laps inside. Wisconsin’s mentoring program is really kind of nice for these kids to get out in the woods hunting.

Great to see you are still alive and well, Paul. Been wondering where you have been. I know life can get in the way of our hobbies. My wife and I recently bought some land and got moved. My work load around the house these days is overwhelming and is limiting the time I have to spend on homebrew activities. I am doing my best to keep customers happy when they order supplies but I admit I am struggling to get them filled and shipped out as quickly as I normally would. I just hope everyone understands and is patient with me, things should start to settle down around the homestead before too long.

Hey Paul,

I thought you were just hiding. Afraid I was going to tell you to pull them cameras out, so I could beat you once again at finding them better bucks. Like everyone else work is keeping me busy. Have been enjoying watching the dirt track racing as usual. I do not have any cams out yet, but have seen a couple decent deer. I do have a main frame 10 that is about 17" wide with one split G2 and about an 8" droptine that I see regularly. I should try to get some pictures or video of him. My current obsession is working up loads for a .243 Win. It is more fun to play with then the .300 magnums that I normally shoot. Also delving deeper in tiny group reloading instead of just getting to 1" and saying that will smack the crap out of them out to 350 yards.... good enough. 

Hey Paul ... sometimes ones life goes in to many directions at once. No biggy. Finally got a whack of cams out and hope to post some stills and videos soon. I too was finding a hard time to keep up but found a few spare weeks to put out cams and catch up on the forums. 

Daryl