• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Sign in to follow this  
befus

SSII and fast hack

9 posts in this topic

Guess I'm in the dark on this one as I always used Yeti for fast hacks. My Yeti went out on an s40 fast hack build and in the case there is not room for a Bigfoot. I saw some discussion on the SSII being adapted to the fast hack, did that get done? Does Gary have them? Or? TIA.......

Edited by befus

Ralph's game watcher will fit if a yeti fitted and it can do the fast hack

Thanks Ken. I suppose that implies the SSII is not available then. I wanted to upgrade to a HPWA as well it is was just easier to do so with the SSII. But nothing's easy as we all know. ;)

I don't know if JDH still makes that add on board or not

On the SS2 I just twisted the lens and common wires together and inserted in the common connection. Isn't a fast hack anymore but is useable. I was using it with a reg. hack S600 but the S600 wasn't doing the hummingbird pics. quite the way I wanted so put the fast hacked S40 in doing this and works good. Figured you knew this but....

22 minutes ago, IroquoisArcher said:

On the SS2 I just twisted the lens and common wires together and inserted in the common connection. Isn't a fast hack anymore but is useable. I was using it with a reg. hack S600 but the S600 wasn't doing the hummingbird pics. quite the way I wanted so put the fast hacked S40 in doing this and works good. Figured you knew this but....

Actually I didn't, but in this case the board is being replaced and I was wanting to use the SSII to add a HPWA at the same time easily. I just ordered a Gamewatcher from Ralph like Ken mentioned, as JDH did not have the little add on boards he used to on hand. Since I had to buy a board, might as well use the fast hack if I can. 

You can use the HPWA with the Game Watcher board

I've got a GameWatcher running a fast hacked S40; the board is powered by a 9 volt rechargable battery. Ralph can also supply a GameWatcher that will run on three AAA batteries. If you had room for a Yeti and its 9 volt, you should have no problem using a GameWatcher.

E - S40.jpg

18 hours ago, Woody Meristem said:

I've got a GameWatcher running a fast hacked S40; the board is powered by a 9 volt rechargable battery. Ralph can also supply a GameWatcher that will run on three AAA batteries. If you had room for a Yeti and its 9 volt, you should have no problem using a GameWatcher.

E - S40.jpg

Right Woody, My build is very similar to yours including the large diameter pipe through ;) I ordered a Gamewatcher yesterday with the three bat set-up after I read an article on the relative strength of a 9v vs AA's and even AAA's. 

On 8/24/2017 at 1:30 PM, kdornski said:

You can use the HPWA with the Game Watcher board

I know that Ken, the key word was easily......... ;-D