• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

befus

s600 flash replacement

10 posts in this topic

I have an s600 in a build and the flash unit has failed, looking for a replacement, but before I do I need instructions on the process. I thought there were posts about that, but can't find them. Can anyone help?

You're going to have to separate the main board from the camera body to get at the flash. It could be the flash cap, the flash unit or a bad main board. Have you tried initializing the camera?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, johnnydeerhunter said:

You're going to have to separate the main board from the camera body to get at the flash. It could be the flash cap, the flash unit or a bad main board. Have you tried initializing the camera?

Nope, but I just did .....and it worked! Thanks my friend.

43 minutes ago, bobopool said:

Have you tried initializing the camera?  how ben

You can find "initialize" in the cameras settings menu.

On 10/19/2017 at 2:34 PM, johnnydeerhunter said:

The latest is that the cam works, the cam can be jumped at the board so the hack is ok, but when the board (Yeti fast hack) senses movement it turns on the camera, but shutters no photo? Always something.

Edited by befus

Make sure the settings on the camera are correct, if you're using auto try the program settings. Make sure the lens isn't hitting the glass when it extends and that the LCD screen is off. If that doesn't work try turning the flash off using the flash button on the back of the camera and see if it will take a picture then.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, befus said:

I believe the S600 needs the screen turned off or it will miss the shutter signal.