• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Jonnie Wilson

Bigfoot board not detecting

3 posts in this topic

I have a bigfoot board that does not detect motion.

When i turn it on it turns the camera on then off as it should but during the one minute walktest it does not detect motion and after one the walkted t times out the red led comes on to signal it is good to go but nothing happens. If i twist the sensitivity dial it will turn the camera on and start recording straight away, then after the set record time and delay is up it's dead again until I move the sensitivity dial again.

I swapped the sensitivity control and it still does exactly the same thing and only records when i twist it.

Must be the PIR then? Well I swapped that also and still no good.

I've brushed some alcohol cleaner over the board to make sure everything is clean but still no good.

I'm guessing a component failure but don't know what else to check.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Did you lift the battery holder and brush underneath that to see if there was any corrosion? It might be the board switch, There's a post on here about adding an external switch to the board, might want to try that too.

6 hours ago, johnnydeerhunter said:

Did you lift the battery holder and brush underneath that to see if there was any corrosion? It might be the board switch, There's a post on here about adding an external switch to the board, might want to try that too.

I remove the aaa battery holder and replace it with an aa holder that I is mounted away from m the board. I have cleaned the top of the board and checked with a magnifying glass that no traces were lifted when i removed the aaa holder.

I'll see what I can find out about an external switch, I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on this board and it is starting to do my head in. Lol.