• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

buckhuntertrailcam

Problem with Little Acorn

6 posts in this topic

I had 2 little acorns out for 2 months I pulled them (along with all my other cams) when I got back they had taken hundreds of images and were still going. Yesterday l got them out to set and I noticed the same problem with both. With formatted cards and new batteries I turn them on there's a beep as normal, the acorn flashes on the screen then instead of the menu screen appearing it turns off, as I said both are exactly the same very strange. I have tried everything even put the exact cards they last had back in them but to no avail. Any ideas? 

Put them in a closet face down on the floor and see if they still run away. If they do it's something with the camera specifically rather than something with the setup causing the false triggers. Do they have a settings default option?

Sorry, i misread your post yesterday, I was thinking that the camera was running away with false triggers. :blush:

Try cleaning the battery contacts by hitting them with a little fine sandpaper, even scuff up the ends of the springs. It's possible that they got a little oxidized and aren't making good contact. Does this camera have a battery tray or just slots for the battery?

The problem is with TWO cams both were working perfectly now both have this exact same problem. Very strange indeed. A Little Acorn takes 4, AA batteries; two pair dropped down into the back of the cam......... I went ahead and cleaned the terminals as suggested even though  there was no corrosion. Still got the problem with both. Thanks for the reply.