• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Badgerbuckhunter

Loss of a Hagshouse Member

12 posts in this topic

Very sad news for HagsHouse and the country, the Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today. Her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery and is expected to survive. We lost Chris about 3 months ago and now Peggy, I can only say they are together now. Lets keep her and her grandson in our thoughts and prayers. I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Terrible news, what is going on in this country

jeeze.....

at least both are back together

This is Chris's brother Chuck. I live in Sweden and have for the past several years. When Chris "212" passed away, I let John Badgerbuckhunter know and he was kind enough to pass it on to the rest of this forum. I admire and appreciate all the support and respect that you guys showed. Peggy took a lot of comfort in reading what people here had to say. My brother was cremated and we buried his ashed in the roots of a newly planted pine tree in their front yard. I miss him terribly.

Peggy has been involved with the Church in Sutherland Springs for many years. She was always volunteering there for one thing or another and was well liked and respected by everyone there. She didn't attend while taking care of Chris during his last months,but instead stayed by his side.

Peggy survived melanoma some years ago, she also recently survived breast cancer. And she survived my brothers passing away. She was THE kindest person I have known anywhere, she never let anyone feel left out, and could make anyone she talked to feel appreciated and special.

I don't know when she's returned to going to Church, but she went there on Sunday and had taken her 18 year old grandson with her. Zachary recently bought his first car, with money earned from a part time job. To save as much as possible, he would microwave raw potatoes at work as lunch.

I'm sure there will be details regarding the shooting released in the next few days. It is beyond my understanding that a person can decide to actually do such a thing.. I am just as sad for Peggy as I am for the other victims.

I would like to thank you all for the friendship and respect you've shown both Chris and Peggy over the years. You were their friends. AS Tinhorn just wrote "at least both are back together". Peggy and Chris were truly and deeply in love, Peggy doesn't have to miss her husband any longer.

Thanks  Tinhorn for letting me today that this had happened.  This is saddening news to hear as well as the news a few months ago on 212.  These two meant a lot to our family of members here on hagshouse.  We miss them both and know that they are together now.  I know how much each of them meant to each other as Chris mentioned it often.

Sadly things like the shootings in different places have occurred by crazy people the this World lately.  These shootings should not by any means reflect on the sportsmen and women of America and should not reflect on them as such.   

Peggy was a wonderful woman and now her journey on this Earth has ended but she and Chris will be remembered a long time by her friends and family, I know I will.  May God bless each of their family with understanding and strength at this time.   We will be praying for them.  

This is just heartbreaking.  Our prayers for the family. 

Prayers to the entire family.

Edited by CuttnRun

Another senseless loss of innocent lives. Thinking of all those lost and their grieving families. 

On 11/6/2017 at 8:29 AM, Killet said:

Terrible news, what is going on in this country

I agree, this country is full of hate. We as Americans should love on one another not be out to get each other. I will pray for this family!!!

Edited by bucksnort