• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Iowabucks

S600 externals working, but internals are not

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I just checked an S600 setup of mine with externals that wouldn't power up when I checked it and put new batteries internally. I ended up bringing it home because it would not stay powered up for more than a second or two. After testing the voltage on both internals and externals, the externals were very low but the internals had "like new" voltage. I know they should be pretty much the same if they are drawing off of each other. The camera will not power up with only internal batteries, but if you try with externals only, it is fine. So for some reason the internals are not working, but externals are.

I have not opened it up yet, but I wanted to ask what it could possibly be before I get in there so I know what to look for. The S600 external hack is pretty straight forward so I don't understand how that could be affecting the stock internal battery draw.

Any ideas before I open this up?

The battery contacts inside the camera could be corroded. Scuff them up lightly with some sandpaper and pry them up a little carefully and see if that helps. You might also have a bad battery door. Check for continuity across the contact points on the door.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The battery contacts down inside the camera may also be bent and not exerting enough pressure to make contact; that can be corrected by gently pulling them up. Beside scuffing the contacts try cleaning them with a little denatured alcohol.