• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

SuthurnHunter

P41 shutter problem

9 posts in this topic

I have a P41 that powers up ,lcd screen is  clear . Shutter  does not open. Camera was  working fine prior  to this.

Are you talking about the lens cover door? If so just open the camera up and push the lens door manually all the way open and then pull the plug for the door.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok I did  that . Is there  a fuse inside someplace cause now  camera won't power on. I did have batteries out while doing  this.

There are some fuses in there. Is the sticker still on the back of the board inside the camera, it will show you the fuse locations. Any chance you shifted the shutter assembly when you opened it up? The plug you pulled was a red and black wire with a white end on it correct? When you opened the lens door you spun it all the way that it's pressing on the little switch that tells the camera when the lens door is open all the way?

Yes the sticker  is there and I see fuses , but I'm not sure I can change those tiny fuses out. Yes the plug I pulled was little red and black wire with white connector going to shutter motor. And yes I verified that  the door went far enough to lift the small white switch when opened.

You can check them for continuity with a meter. You usually don't replace them you just bridge over the top of the fuse with solder.

Gotcha , is  there a tutorial showing how to bridge  across? Going check with meter now.

I think I will wait until I get home  to try it. the  soldering tip here  is  way to big for  something that tiny. 2 of  them tested good with meter . 3rd one  didn't.

If you have any resistors or diodes laying around you can cut a short piece off of one of the legs and lay it across the top of the fuse and try and just solder the ends.