Sign in to follow this  
ko4nrbs

Tenergy Premium and Centra LSD Capacity Test

4 posts in this topic

I just Discharged and then recharged all of my C cell Tenergy Premium and Centra LSD batteries I bought in 2012.  I discharged each battery down to .9vdc at 1 amp.  I then recharged them on an XTAR VC4 charger that shows the ending capacity.  All the cells were either a little over capacity or about 200mAh shy of it.    Looks like they are holding their capacity very, very well!!

To discharge them I used Hobby Chargers and an Opus BT C-2000 charger.  Really impressed with the versatility and accuracy of the Opus BT C-2000 charger!!

Bill

I mark dates on my batteries to see how they last (charging type, alkaline, and lithium-ion types) but I have never done anything like you did.

I better get some Tenergy Premium's LOL

thanx

In order to get a true indication of how the batteries are performing I like to discharge them (NiMH) down to .9vdc and then recharge them at 1 amp with a charger that shows the capacity of the battery after charging.  I also check after the Discharge cycle to see how much capacity in mAh was in the battery before being discharged.  Best test I know of to check the batteries.

When not in use I keep the batteries fully charged.

These batteries are used in my slave flashes and as external power for my Homebrews.  They have seen lots of hours in the woods in all kinds of weather.

Bill