buckhuntertrailcam

Problem with Samsung A402

Looking for help, I have been trying with not much luck to work out what might be the problem. My A402 & SS board has in the past never let me down. However now it has started to do all sorts of things, like fail to power on, stay on but not take an image, walk test not work, intermittently work. perfectly in the day - some days, take 2 flash images then refuse to take any more. etc etc. I have replaced, the card, with a new one (even formatted the card in the camera), batteries in the camera and the board, replaced all wiring. checked all solder joints. Replaced the board with a brand new SSII, board. Changed all settings, rang Gary a couple of times to ask his opinion. Lastly the camera works perfectly outside the build, the hack works every time I have checked it. Thanks. 

I would try a new board battery first even though you replaced it already. Also make sure that you don't use a memory card over 2gb and it has to be a regular SD card not an SDHC.

Thanks for your response JDH I tried 2 new board batteries already, even different brands. I tried different cards, even tried a 2gb card a 1 gb card, never had a problem before and I always use an 8gb card in this cam.

I have never, not once, seen a Samsung a402 or a 503 that would run on anything larger than a 2gb card.... 

If you tried 2 control boards it must be something with the hack I would think. I'm sure you would have checked this but is the chip in the control board the correct type for your camera? 

Edited by Jonnie Wilson
Mistake

10 hours ago, Firemanjim said:

I have never, not once, seen a Samsung a402 or a 503 that would run on anything larger than a 2gb card.... 

Mine ran without a single issue on any card up to and including 16gb (until now) for 14 years!

9 hours ago, Jonnie Wilson said:

If you tried 2 control boards it must be something with the hack I would think. I'm sure you would have checked this but is the chip in the control board the correct type for your camera? 

Yep it is, the correct one & I have changed the chip as well. So far it has everyone stumped including Gary. I think I am going to give up on it (I have spent too much time on it.) and just use the new board in another build. 

Don't you have to remove a resister on the ss2 for a 4 wire hack? 

buckhuntertrailcam, you mentioned the SSII, but you are using the LCD board correct?

I am sure we tied everything you suggested. I have tried every setting as well.

Here's what we talked about:

Motion switch off to adjust settings, Cam type 1,, walk test off, walk test on start up off, 5 sec, day, 20 sec night, flash refresh 30 min., sensitivity Med., pictures per event 1, & 1.5 sec delay after the PIR detects motion until the shutter fires......    small SD card,

Increase the 1.5 sec delay to 3 and see how it goes.  Then if that works you can try 2.