Since I opened the camera up to take a picture of the hack I have now added an external mic and pre amp.  Works great and makes the videos a lot more interesting.

Edited by Jonnie Wilson

4 hours ago, Jonnie Wilson said:

Since I opened the camera up to take a picture of the hack I have now added an external mic and pre amp.  Works great and makes the videos a lot more interesting.

Thats Cool, youll have to post a vid when you have time.., I am going to pull another one out and hack it. This one is all put back together, my lcd ribbon wasnt long enough to let me pull the board up or get behind it.

I tried pushing the lcd out but was afraid I'd break it with to much prying so figured I'd just leave it. The next one I think I'll chop the case and remove the whole unit from it so to be able to get to the rear board better to take a better look at the battery terminals. I think I found a lens that should/may screw in so may try to IR hack it, they glued the hec out of the one in it so may not be able to remove it. I have some small white light arrays that are hecca bright so thought I'd try to make a white light vid cam with the first one just to see how it does.

I haven't been able to get my head around ir conversions so have gone with the white light arrays. They are bright, cheap and there are lots to choose from. 

I have always used photobucket to post my videos but for some reason I can't upload to it now. 

6 hours ago, Jonnie Wilson said:

I haven't been able to get my head around ir conversions so have gone with the white light arrays. They are bright, cheap and there are lots to choose from. 

I have always used photobucket to post my videos but for some reason I can't upload to it now. 

I used Photobucket the first year it was up but to me the navigation wasn't very user friendly so I left it and just used my own domains mostly to upload to.

Now I guess they are charging users so that's why thousands of photos and videos are lost in here, no one wants to pay those fees especially for cloud storage.

The IR stuff isn't too hard, once you do one the next ones are a piece of cake..