ghosthunters

GoPro builds with white light array

These are both GoPro Hero2 builds. Both are plumbed using waterproof connectors and both can accept the white light arrays. The lights are 18w Cree Flood LED lights. To power those there are four 18650 batteries. One I am gonna use for day video only and the other one will be rigged with the lights. Ralph figured the hack out a while back and it is fairly easy to accomplish. I used the GoPro waterproof cases that they came with to lock or hold the GoPro's in place inside the build. The control board is Ralphs Safari with the mosfet backpacker. Ralph has the board programmed with 8 different options from day video, night video, 30 sec delays, 60 sec delays and even time lapse. I have the CDS going into a glass bottle at the bottom of the case and this is also where i placed my microphone for the GoPro. I gotta thank Chris (cameratrapcodger) for answering the many questions to get me interested in this build and also the help he provided. Chris has many videos taken with these GoPro's. Plus I gotta thank Joe Zanke as well for helping me with battery choices since I new nothing of 18650's. Also like to thank Ralph for his assistance and for figuring out the many hacks for us to utilize such as this one. Thanks guys! Your help does not go unnoticed.
Daryl Dean

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

IMG_2983.JPG

IMG_2984.JPG

IMG_2985.JPG

IMG_2986.JPG

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

Nice job on both

What's the startup time to shutter with those cams?

1 hour ago, bulltalk.65 said:

Nice job on both

What's the startup time to shutter with those cams?

Thanks .... 4 to 5 seconds