Its often difficult to capture an interesting daytime image of one of these mostly nocturnal deer. I am more than happy with this early morning shot. Nikon L11, Game watcher controller.

Sanbar.jpg

6 hours ago, Badgerbuckhunter said:

I agree a great shot and I hope you didn't mind me editing the pix. Thanks for sharing.

You did a great job on the edit. It took me a while to get this programme to accept it I think it is because it needed to be downsized considerably?

Very nice pic..

There was another member here years ago (cant remember his name off the top of my head) from over there in your neck of the woods, he loved the sony s600's and would get some really nice pics too. I cant remember if he called them red deer stag or sambar, was thinking they were sambar., hec maybe its the same ...

EDIT - ah, it was member 35whelen that use to post pics of sambar, roos and other stuff..

Edited by bulltalk.65

Yes I know him well we have been friends for about 40 years lol. (getting old). He still has a few cams and still hunts. They would have been Sambar stags. Lots of sambar in our neck of the woods down here. Most male deer are stags. Some are bucks and bulls but most males are referred to correctly as stags.

15 hours ago, buckhuntertrailcam said:

Yes I know him well we have been friends for about 40 years lol. (getting old). He still has a few cams and still hunts. They would have been Sambar stags. Lots of sambar in our neck of the woods down here. Most male deer are stags. Some are bucks and bulls but most males are referred to correctly as stags.

Wow, thats awesome,.. Hope he is doing well. I see he hasn't posted for 4 years so wondered about him. Thanks for the info on the sambar, I wasn't exactly sure if it was the same animal but assumed so so I appreciate the clarification... post more pics when you get them, I use to love seeing 35whelens pics of them and the roos..

I just got back from checking some cams today, but no useful images of deer, but I did get some good video of a sambar spike and a hind and her young one. Also got a lot of video of a couple of Swamp Wallabies; with Winter in a couple of months they are starting to get their long shaggy coats. I will surely post up some pictures when I get some decent ones. I am just playing around with a build with a 2800 flash so should be able to reach out to the other side of the wallows to get those sneaky stags lol.

Edited by buckhuntertrailcam