bulltalk.65

Killin time with new builds

11 posts in this topic

Since I have time on my hands I figured I'd get the brain Workin again by building some cams.

Nothing fancy but keeping myself busy is a positive.

These are basic builds, p32's and p41's. I think I finished the p32 before I got sick this past year so I may have posted pics of it already. But anyway, I'm going to have an arsenal when done...lol.. I think I have 8 p41's and 14 p32's to mess with.

Details:

Wally cases, homebuilt control boards with picaxe, new revised code, mini PIR and externals. I did the hydro dip too. Added some eyebrows over the lenses on 2 and will on the rest as well.

Edit: I guess I'll have to send the pics to my PC and resize them, wouldn't even let me attach a single pic.. I'll update it after I get them resized.

3.jpg

Edited by bulltalk.65

Looking forward to the pix. After you get warmed up hope you give your 360* a try.

5 hours ago, Badgerbuckhunter said:

Looking forward to the pix. After you get warmed up hope you give your 360* a try.

Hi John,

Thats funny you mention that, I pulled project 3 eyes out of the box and its sitting on my bench...lol

On these new builds I thought Id try something different, I even hydro dipped my control board....;)

How do you add more pictures to a post, I can only figure out how to get one on, I guess I can link them from  a website?

Other pics - InsideDipped P41Dipped p32Inside all 3Hydro Dipped control board

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

All I did was choose the red "circled area", on the attached photo, and find it in/on your computer and hit "open".

Do this every time you want to add a photo. 

I believe this updated forum does auto downsizing.

p.PNG

John, Yes, did all the hydro dip. My fingers dont work to well because I cant feel them so doing things now takes 10 times as long as they use to but I'm doin it....lol

My project 3 eyes looks just like it did in the old thread from ten yrs ago except maybe a lot dustier... I spent a few hours going over Rogers old posts on the tc360 and thought I gotta pull out this project and try to get it finished. I spent a bunch of time by email and phone with Chris years ago working on code and other stuff and he was such an influence to me for trail cams and building these ideas so I at least want to try to get it done. I'll snap a pic of it on my messy bench and we can use it for a new beginning shot and then post updates as I go. it is going to take some time though as I cant stand up for long, still just dont have the energy but we will get it done one way or another.

I'm diggin thru old boxes and trying to find all my stuff, junk scattered everywhere....lol

Edited by bulltalk.65

Amazing stuff, I am new to most of this so really interested in this thread. I simply love the hydro dip if you could comment more on that I would be grateful. 

3 hours ago, buckhuntertrailcam said:

Amazing stuff, I am new to most of this so really interested in this thread. I simply love the hydro dip if you could comment more on that I would be grateful. 

Hi buckhuntertrailcam'

I had bought one of the kits on ebay a few years ago, it was like 60 bucks. you can do quite a few cases with the film supplied in the kit. I looked at them here recently and it looks like the prices have come down a bit so easy enough to get into. There is also many more camos to choose from now.

Simple process, prep your case (or whatever part your dipping), spray prime it, scuff it, clean it off,  cut your film to size, use a plastic tub big enough to dip your case in all the way, fill it enough to cover the case but not overflow when you dip it, use really warm water. Place a small strip of tape around your film so it don't stretch out to much, lay the film on the water, wait about 30 seconds, then spary over it with the activator thats supplied with the kit, then slowly dip the case into the floating ink, once all the way in, swish it around a bit, take it out and rinse with warm water until all the glossy residue is gone then pat it dry and let sit for awhile and boom, its done...

look on youtube, there are numerous videos on the process using the ebay kits.

On 3/31/2018 at 12:49 AM, bulltalk.65 said:

Hi buckhuntertrailcam'

I had bought one of the kits on ebay a few years ago, it was like 60 bucks. you can do quite a few cases with the film supplied in the kit. I looked at them here recently and it looks like the prices have come down a bit so easy enough to get into. There is also many more camos to choose from now.

Simple process, prep your case (or whatever part your dipping), spray prime it, scuff it, clean it off,  cut your film to size, use a plastic tub big enough to dip your case in all the way, fill it enough to cover the case but not overflow when you dip it, use really warm water. Place a small strip of tape around your film so it don't stretch out to much, lay the film on the water, wait about 30 seconds, then spary over it with the activator thats supplied with the kit, then slowly dip the case into the floating ink, once all the way in, swish it around a bit, take it out and rinse with warm water until all the glossy residue is gone then pat it dry and let sit for awhile and boom, its done...

look on youtube, there are numerous videos on the process using the ebay kits.

Sounds relatively easy. I will have to try and find a supplier down here or otherwise look into getting it sent out from the USA.

I'm doing a build with that case. It seems really flimsy compared to the Pelicans I've always used, but the seal seems pretty good. One thing I don't like is that it's impossible to put a pipethrough in the center of the case.