bulltalk.65

Anyone here remember these

I have some plans to do another video build, kinda like my very first one .... 

That one kicked butt and still does all these years later. I was fortunate enough to get a nice package deal from Chris (212) back then and built that one, Well I bought  3 of them at the time, sold one and still have one left. Sooooo,

I think its time to build  another one now...,  lets see, I already have almost everything needed (except the case) plus I can do my own control board with servo control and the array as well. The only difference will be, it will use either 1 watt luxeons or 3 watt, maybe spread 6 or 8 of them across a 6 inch tube mounted to the top like my other one....... Sheesh,  I think I will add a transmitter and remote PIR (new driveway alert just got hacked...:P)  so the cam is armed and ready when the action starts..... ssshhhhh, the little woman doesn't know....:ph34r: 

Hmmm, maybe I can use an RCA cable from the av out ports on the Sony TRV and directly connect it to a mini digital video recorder SD card dvr (got one of those too) that way I wouldn't need to mess with video tapes which would use extra battery juice anyway.. and it looks like the mini dvr should fit right in the case with everything else.......

Darn it, the thinking out loud has started already, my bench already has 4 projects on it..... including a special project I started 3 yrs ago (different hobby though) that is close to being finished too...:D ... its a secret though .....,

oh ok, here's a little tiny hint, it has box with a control board and will ############################################################...........:wacko:........

Well most of that is way over my head lol. Anyway that's not stopping me taking the ride with you on this one. I eagerly awaiting your next post :D

I remember this build very well and I built one of my own just like it!  I put a 12v, SLA on the outside of the case so I had plenty of power for my LED array and servo motors to last for weeks and weeks.  I used a Sony HC7 camcorder.   I still have the steel push rods for the servo to control the day/night settings on the camcorder.  You are right; excellent build that lasted me for years.  I should dust it off and try putting it out again.  I dont remember why I pulled it other than that I got into the DXG line of camcorders and they worked so well, I didnt need the bulk and complicated controller for the Sony camcorder.  Great memories and good luck with your next build.