bulltalk.65

Post Your Car Resto Project

Didn't know where to post this so picked here, John, if it don't fit you can put it wherever or delete..

Anyone here restore cars or are in the middle of a Resto project?

I'm an old muscle car nut and have owned many in my lifetime (wish I had everyone of them back too) and ended up picking up an old firebird a few years ago and started a full resto.

Had a pretty good start on it until the cancer diagnosis and surgeries so it's been sitting for the last year and a half.

I'm hoping since the weather is getting nicer and since I'm done with chemo that I can maybe try to do a little work on it.

This is a pic of my project, long way to go, hec, it may never be finished but I'm gonna try...😉

bird 2.jpg

bird 1.jpg

Edited by bulltalk.65

bird 4.jpg

bird 3.jpg

Edited by bulltalk.65

This is a 1970 Chevy C10 stepside pickup that I bought in 2001. Took about 6 years to restore it, boy what a job. Took it to a few local old car shows over the years but I sold it a couple of years ago.

davis_ralph_1970b (Small) davis_ralph_1970a (Small) White Ghost

That is really nice Ralph, looks super clean. Heccuva lot of work too along with a pile of sweat and $$......lol

I love those old Chevys too. I had a 70 as well (3/4t), the rust brown colored one with the white roof, sold it back in the early 90's.

11 hours ago, bulltalk.65 said:

That is really nice Ralph, looks super clean. Heccuva lot of work too along with a pile of sweat and $$......lol

I love those old Chevys too. I had a 70 as well (3/4t), the rust brown colored one with the white roof, sold it back in the early 90's.

You got that right, a ton of sweat, lots of hours as well as a lot of money. This was all a back yard restoration and all the work I did myself including the painting. Not a Boyd Coddington masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but I thought it turned out alright.  Here's a few more photos, some before and after.

HPIM0593 (Small) HPIM0596 (Small) HPIM0595 (Small) HPIM0599 (Small)

Edited by bigbassmann

When I started that project my thought was to have a white truck with old school flames painted on the bedside fenders, the front fenders and down along the doors and the hood. After painting the flames on the bedside fenders I changed my mind and sanded the bed again and just went with all white. Kind of wish I had did the flames after it was all said and done but wasn't going to go back and repaint again. LOL

HPIM0008 (Small)

HPIM0806 (Small)

350 bored 30 over with Edelbrock High Rise intake and Edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel carb and dual exhaust.

HPIM0861 (Small) HPIM0864 (Small)

Edited by bigbassmann

2 hours ago, bigbassmann said:

When I started that project my thought was to have a white truck with old school flames painted on the bedside fenders, the front fenders and down along the doors and the hood. After painting the flames on the bedside fenders I changed my mind and sanded the bed again and just went with all white. Kind of wish I had did the flames after it was all said and done but wasn't going to go back and repaint again. LOL

HPIM0008 (Small)

That would have looked badda** with the flames...

You did a nice job and looks like real nice work. The bed looks awesome. I'm betting you look back and wish you kept it ...

I do all my own work too but have been unable for awhile. Last year I built the motor for my firebird, 350 chev @ 0.40 over, aluminum heads, stainless valves 2.02in/1.84ex/alum highrise intake/750 double pump Holley/Lunati bumpstick 510 in/568ex 280@.050 with headers.

I do (did) all my own Fab work, prep an paint as well. I cutout and replaced both driver and pass floor pans front and rear, pulled the rearend and installed 3.73s an reinstalled, pulled the sub frame and zinked and painted the underside of body, blasted and recoated the sub frame, reinstalled it, all new poly bushings front to rear. Got started on the bodywork and that is as far as I am to date. I had a ton of time and cash in too, lots of bloody knuckles as well.....lol

I got a couple buddies that are going to come and help me to try to get it Rollin by this summer. Hopefully we can, capitol is limited though...😉

Updating...... Its getting there, still a long way to go.. Slow but sure..

Bird.jpg

you guys take me back, once I replaced one of my 1962 Chevy Dash Lights, it was a big job....

LOL

2 hours ago, Vic said:

Sweet rides for sure. Keep'em coming.

Sweet rides for sure.

A link to my build.

1979 Camaro Z2/8

$20,000.00 car project

Very Nice Vic, the 60's and 70's produced some nice muscle cars. My buddy had that same yellow 79 z car back in the day. We would always cruise and race up and down main street. I miss my 71 Chevelle, I sure wish I had never sold it. Always been a fan of the 70's firebirds, camaros and chevelles, had to many and wish I had them all back....lol

Out of the eleven firebirds I've owned, I should have kept my 77 T/A bandit, 76 Firebird Formula 400/4spd and definitely should have kept my 71 Chevelle 396..

Have this one sitting in storage for the next project, 76 Formula 400/auto all original, numbers matching down to the wheel caps...lol... 

IMG_20180521_144729.jpg

10 hours ago, bulltalk.65 said:

Very Nice Vic, the 60's and 70's produced some nice muscle cars. My buddy had that same yellow 79 z car back in the day. We would always cruise and race up and down main street. I miss my 71 Chevelle, I sure wish I had never sold it. Always been a fan of the 70's firebirds, camaros and chevelles, had to many and wish I had them all back....lol

Out of the eleven firebirds I've owned, I should have kept my 77 T/A bandit, 76 Firebird Formula 400/4spd and definitely should have kept my 71 Chevelle 396..

Have this one sitting in storage for the next project, 76 Formula 400/auto all original, numbers matching down to the wheel caps...lol... 

IMG_20180521_144729.jpg

Nothing like a good project to work on    🤑