Jonnie Wilson

Question for the "Board builders and Suppliers

I am curious to know if the people who make and sell control boards to the homebrew community keep their codes in more than one place?

You may have seen an earlier post of mine where I have a board that was working with it's original code and I asked if the record timings could be changed? A new code was supplied but it was for a later version of the control board that had just been released and because i programmed my 20m2 chip with the wrong code the board is now useless.

As the original code was lost after a computer crash from the supplier it now appears that the control board will end up in the bin. I suppose anyone else that has an older board that has a hiccup with the code will probably end up with the same problem. 

I think we all know that in the electronic age that anything of importance MUST be saved in more than one location.

Sorry guys but I had to get that off my chest.

Just for the 'Record" I offered to send you a brand new board FREE!! I am sorry my computer got crashed in a lightning storm. The board is over 3 years old.....Just curious how long do you feel we should "warranty" these boards? Did I mention that I offered to send you a BRAND NEW BOARD FREE!!  Glad you got that off your chest!

Yes in a pm you did offer a new board, when the Reed relay was faulty and it wouldn't record.. I replaced the relay and the board then worked.  I let you know and you replied "awesome"

The wrong code I was given has unfortunately rendered the board as useless. 

That's enough from me on the matter. 

I keep several copies of my work. It would be a disaster if I were to lose all that information.