Killet

18650 for externals on s40

Never done it,,,,,,I guess it would work   the fully charged 18650 is about 4v and the s-40 runs on 3v. Installing an inline diode on the positive wire would cut the voltage back a little. I use the 18650s to power the 3v slaves and they work fine.

I havent used them for a cam as an individual external power but have used 3 in a three 18650 battery holder to run a board with a 5v regulator for my picaxe and PIR and another 3.3v regulator to the external plug on a p41 with rechargables in it and it seems to work fine that way.

I have an S600 running off of an 18650. No AA’s. Correction, it is hooked to a Sony P32. Too many cameras and configurations to keep straight I guess. 

Edited by speed2spare

I’ve researched maximum voltages for many of the older Sony cams we use and found no mention of it anywhere.  Contacted Sony support and got nowhere,

If you want to use the 18650s give them a try in the S40 to see how it goes.  If they work in the S600 I see no reason why they wouldn’t work in the S40.

The ACLS5B AC power adapater for the S600 and S40 has a DC output voltage of 4.2vdc.

Bill

Correction, I have the 18650 connected to a P32. And no, no diode. The 18650 charges to 4.2v when full. I