I use several and this is the most recent, they are touting it as a great predictor for best time to hunt. They are offering it free this year and will charge next year for it. I have just installed it and will be hunting soon with it and see how accurate it is. Check it out DeerCast  from Drury Outdoors.

I use several others and will list and describe in the near future.

No apps used by me, unless you count the weather app. I bow hunt sparatically until rut. Then hunt as much as possible. Check the wind and pick a stand that works with that wind. The critters are not really sure when they aren’t supposed to be where. 

Funny you mentioned Hunting Apps

This data is 801 pictures of only Bucks over the last 3 years (not from 2018 yet) I tried to delete some pictures from the data because some bucks stayed a long time in front of the camera, I just wanted the “Time” they started moved instead walked around so to be in stand when they got up…

This breaks the Phases (actually Moon Illumination) into 10 different categories which makes them roughly 3 days apart. (30 days / 10 categories = ~3 days) Note that 50% illumination is a Quarter Moon and -50% represents the 2nd Quarter and MN and FM--Get It

As above, Moon Phase Data is calculated for the time the Movement Camera Picture was taken and that information is used to calculate the Graph.

You can see from the Graph, the deer moved mostly Full Moon and New Moon days. Noticed NM, the camera’s seen more pix’s 3 days before and after 3 days (6 days) and also noticed most pix’s were 3 days AFTER FM

From this graph I created a October Calendar so bow hunters can be in the woods better days or even take a vacation week LOL
The Moon Time Calendar was created the middle of Missouri (Long/Lat) by the way,

And I know some people don’t believe in Moon Phase but this data is taken from my camera’s, not my brain thoughts or believe LOL

CalendarPix2.jpg

Phase.jpg

I have used 2 hunting apps Huntstand and Scoutlook.  I basically wanted something I could use a mapping feature on - mark property lines, stands, cams, deer sign etc.   I didn't like the 'feel' of scout look, just seemed clunky to me.  I have become a fan of huntstand.  It feels easier to use to me. You can look up property lines on it, although I have found for my place, it is off a bit.  I do like the ease you can add different waypoints and even trace a path you walk (although you can't do anything else with the phone while you do it).  If you are going to be in an area out of cell service, if you zoom in on the area you will be hunting while you do have cell service, it will remember that zoomed area for 30? days.

you can also share a hunting area with someone else who has the app. They can be set to view only or be able to add things to the map. I wish you could copy or duplicate a map for this, but you can't.  For example I want my partners to be able to see the trails, and stands but maybe not my scouting finds.....  I have to use 2 different maps, 1 for me, 1 to share..... small price I think.

Best of all it is free, albeit with some popup ads unless you want to pay to get rid of them.  All in all, I like it. I haven't used my garmin gps in several years.