Just got this last friday on my modified jazz unit that uses the remote PIR from the bunkerhill driveway alert. 

I had just been sitting there a few hours before this vid.

This bear somehow walked up behind me. I heard a small snap like a tooth pick snap and looked over my right shoulder to see this guy just 10 feet away, literally...

He didn't even know I was there sitting on a stump with some oak saplings kind of covering me. He scared the bejesus out of me and I really was caught off guard so I just yelled  "that's far enough" and he laid his ears back and stood up. 

I didn't move a muscle, We had eye contact for about the count of 3 and he spun and took off like a bull dozer thru the woods. I could hear him for a few hundred yards ballin and crashing thru the brush.

I was shaking so bad I couldn't control myself for about 20 minutes.

I really had no idea what he was going to do for a few seconds but I'm glad he chose to run the opposite direction.

Unfortunately, I had my jazz on the tree behind me at the time so didn't get video of the incident. After I calmed down and gathered myself I decided to move the cam to face up trail instead of down trail and low and behold he came back after I left and this is the vid of him coming to see what scared him I guess...lol

After all was said and done, it was the honest, closest encounter I've had with a bear. I've seen many and usually about 20 yards has been my closest 

This guy, I could see pitch in his hair around his neck, snot in his nose and the square black snout in detail as with his piercing brown eyes.. it was crazy scary for a moment but totally awesome at the same time...

Just glad he chose to run because there is no way I would have had the strength to try and fight him off, not in the physical shape I'm in...lol

He is quite a bit bigger than it looks  here is a snapshot of his track where he crossed just up behind me. I call him Bigfoot ben 

The Bear that snuck up on me

IMG_20181003_094340.jpg

Edited by bulltalk.65

Nice Bear ! Nothing makes the hunt more exciting than a close encounter with a bear!

17 hours ago, cnggack said:

Nice Bear ! Nothing makes the hunt more exciting than a close encounter with a bear!

Thats for sure brother... It definitely got the adrenaline flowing....lol

On 10/5/2018 at 3:12 AM, Badgerbuckhunter said:

A rolly-polley  well fed bear.

Yep, he was a good bear for sure.

There is one stalking the same woods that is a lot bigger, just can't get him close to a camera. I've seen him twice but no stills or vids yet... I'll be headed back up this coming Thursday so will have a couple weeks on all cams. Hope to have some good pics or vids.