Jonnie Wilson

Pre Amp with sister boards

I've been making my own preamp boards with sister board combined but it's a slow and tedious exercise. 

Would someone with the skill to draw Gerber files be interested in doing a preamp with a couple of sister boards combined for video builds? so it's easy and clean to add an amp and array.

I have circuit layouts for a couple of different preamp kits that appear to be identical and there doesn't appear to be any copyright issues with them.

To get the boards made up in China is very cheap and they will do small amounts, so maybe those doing video builds could benefit from this.

I have a couple of critter getter preamp boards with sister board combined that are small and simple to use but are no longer available. 

IMG_20181111_121314.jpg

IMG_20181111_121238.jpg

20181111_122909.jpg

No worries on copyright issues, those circuits are open source.

I wish I could help you with the gerber stuff. Im in the same boat. I have a couple circuits I want to do to cause the hand building is getting to difficult.

I probably have 200 or so of those blank boards in my shop. Problem is they are all SM stuff. Not TH anymore. When I ran out of TH boards I gradually converted everything to SM.  I may still have the Gerber files for the TH boards but I had a computer crash a few months ago and I am sure they are gone. Things are starting to slow down some in the fire station so maybe I will have a chance to redraw the file for you. 

12 hours ago, Firemanjim said:

I probably have 200 or so of those blank boards in my shop. Problem is they are all SM stuff. Not TH anymore. When I ran out of TH boards I gradually converted everything to SM.  I may still have the Gerber files for the TH boards but I had a computer crash a few months ago and I am sure they are gone. Things are starting to slow down some in the fire station so maybe I will have a chance to redraw the file for you. 

My soldering skills aren't too bad so if the SM boards you have are able to be made up manually,, could I buy some blank boards from you? Thanks.

you don't actually solder them on.  You use a solder paste and then you use a hot air solder wand to bond them.  Pretty much impossible to do it with a hand wand.  I am getting off at the fire station this morning.  I will look around in the shop when I get home and see what I actually have .....

On 11/14/2018 at 11:40 PM, Firemanjim said:

you don't actually solder them on.  You use a solder paste and then you use a hot air solder wand to bond them.  Pretty much impossible to do it with a hand wand.  I am getting off at the fire station this morning.  I will look around in the shop when I get home and see what I actually have .....

Ok I need the hole through type then. I actually have 3 different types of yours.  The oldest ones are quite long about the size of 2 kit 98 boards, then I have some that are hole through about the he size of a kit 98 and also a couple of your surface mount models. All work perfectly.

If you find any of the hole through amp array boards that you no longer want can I buy them from you?

Here you go Johnnie. This board is designed to run the array and preamp from the same power source. If you use different power sources I will need to change a few traces. Red is top traces. Green is bottom traces. 

For some reason I cant upload the pictures of the board. My cell # is 931-808-9855 if you want to text me I will send you the pics