bulltalk.65

Nervous

I have my 3 month check up and dual contrast scan coming up in a couple weeks and it is weighin on me.

I know some guys and gals have gone thru a cancer ordeal here and they know the turmoil this dreaded disease brings to the table.

I dont talk much about it and for some weeks now have been having recurring pain in my side again. Its not even 1/100th of what I felt prior to the original diagnosis but its enough for it to bring back the memory of all that transpired.

I have not said a word to my wife yet because I dont want to jump the gun so to speak. She had a real tough time during the 18 months of me going from a normal, active, working 240lb guy to a lifeless, pail gray, frail 150 guy bed ridden.

Not askin for advice, just kinda venting I guess. This crap is on my mind 24/7 and having been pretty much cut in half am reminded every minute of not only what it has done to me physically but how it effected my wife, sister and friends.

I try to stay mentally positive about it. I actually learned a little self hypnosis trick years and years ago, posting little sticky notes in well travelled areas that you conscientiously dont see but see sub contiously so I keep little notes everywhere for myself as a reminder to keep positive.

Anyway, if any of you guys/gals have experience in how you deal with these type of things, id love to hear about it with whatever you want to say.

I Hope everyone is having a great day and an awesome holiday season.. ūüėä

It's scary alright, I've been went a few healthy problems too and know it's ""weighing on me" too, both me and you, knowing what you came thru.  But, "without problems" people worry about stuff too, guess it's what every does. 

I usually think that it "could have been worse" and I bet it'll be okay for you buddy.....

might want to try the Asparagus treatment it wont hurt

Prayers for you. I went through this with my mother. Remain positive, the medicine you can get. 

On 12/19/2018 at 8:31 AM, Tinhorn said:

It's scary alright, I've been went a few healthy problems too and know it's ""weighing on me" too, both me and you, knowing what you came thru.  But, "without problems" people worry about stuff too, guess it's what every does. 

I usually think that it "could have been worse" and I bet it'll be okay for you buddy.....

Yeah, you are right Tinhorn.. Its always a mind game, when you think on it you worry and worry can be just as bad as a disease... 

On 12/19/2018 at 3:04 PM, speed2spare said:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping it’s nothing serious. 

Thanks speed2spare, I'm hoping its just ghost pain myself.... ūüėȬ†

On 12/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, kdornski said:

might want to try the Asparagus treatment it wont hurt

Good info kdornski, thanks for sharing that.. I have a pretty strict diet I follow, cut out all sugar/processed bs and eat more veggies and fruits then ever...lol

21 hours ago, Vic said:

Prayers for you. I went through this with my mother. Remain positive, the medicine you can get. 

Thanks Vic, I work on the positive thinking everyday... :)  Sorry to hear you went thru that with your mom. It really has to stink for family members because they witness/see the daily change and degradation like my wife did... I personally didnt really notice it much until I became really weak and lost the 90lbs, then it became really apparent I was in trouble.. I thank God everyday for the world class surgeons and nurses that took good care of me at UCSF.

Hang in there buddy. 

Well, I figured I may as well update this.

First I want to say thanks to you guys for chiming in, its appreciated.

I guess Ill start with the good news.

Im still hangin in and stayin positive. I will fight tooth fang and claw till I cant any longer.... ūüėČ

Ok, the bad news.

I had my follow up this morning with my local oncologist, my scans came back and showed a new mass forming on whats left of my upper colon and against my stomach. Although It is showing on the exterior this time and not growing from within and through the colon that they could tell.  It also showed that my bladder is distended and my prostate is enlarged (I was wondering why it was hard to take a leak, now I know).

So, I will be going in for a colonoscopy (just gotta love them) in the next few days to check the inside of the colon. Then I will have another external biopsy (stayed awake on the last one and watched the whole process) to find out whats up. 

Doc said, it would require another surgery if the biop comes back pos. Not looking forward to that if that's the case.

So, I probably won't be on much over the next weeks so I can focus my attention.

I am hopeful and stayin positive but asking you guys for some prayers won't hurt...

Ill keep you all updated as I proceed through the next steps..

Thank you guys..

George

doctor's are way - way better today than even a year ago, I bet it's not really bad this time but not what ever it is, you will be OKAY buddy or I will run-over-there and kick your bu!! ...

your friend, Tin

15 hours ago, Tinhorn said:

doctor's are way - way better today than even a year ago, I bet it's not really bad this time but not what ever it is, you will be OKAY buddy or I will run-over-there and kick your bu!! ...

your friend, Tin

Thank You Tinhorn..

¬†I know they are, the Lord chose¬†some world class doctors for me so I know I'm in good hands. The hardest part is the mental aspect and getting through post op days and or weeks. But I am a tough ole boy so know I can get through it, already did twice¬†so third time should be a cake walk.... ūüėȬ†

Hoping for the best for you, please keep us posted, thoughts and prayers

Hi George,  the mental fight can be tougher than the physical fight but you got through last time and I'm sure you'll get through again. Words are cheap but try and focus on the positive.

May my, hags members, your family and friends thoughts give you the power and strength to get through this.

Your mate in Australia,  John. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you George. You have an amazing positive attitude for a guy that's been through so much already, keep that working in your favor my friend.