Imagine my surprise to finally get daytime video on my GoPro Hero HD trail camera of a fox coming to my bait pile, not just one fox but two.

6 hours ago, Badgerbuckhunter said:

Great video. Is that the gopro lens or did you replace it?

Stock lens

Right on, nice and clear.  Is that one of the high end go pros or a knock off?  Been searching for a lifetime it seems to find exactly what I want for vid cam, there is always something that makes it not work out, lens, hack etc... 

8 hours ago, bulltalk.65 said:

Right on, nice and clear.  Is that one of the high end go pros or a knock off?  Been searching for a lifetime it seems to find exactly what I want for vid cam, there is always something that makes it not work out, lens, hack etc... 

This is a real GoPro Hero HD1. The Hero 2 also works great as a trail camera. You can usually pick them up on eBay for cheap since they are old models. Both are easy to hack for external power and external microphone and uses a bus port connector to activate the Power/Mode button for starting and stopping video. If have a video posted on the hack of these models:

I also have some night video footage I posted in case you haven't seen that.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, bigbassmann said:

I also have some night video footage I posted in case you haven't seen that.

Excellent, thanks Ralph. 

What is the timing on those go pros?  are they a faster startup than the jazz cams/dxg's?

EDIT: Whoops, just found a thread with the info, 4 to 5 second fire up.. good to know.

Edited by bulltalk.65