arrowsmith

Lithium-ion batteries

I've been away from this site for a long time and been a bit out of touch.

I wanted ask what people are using for batteries, what is preferred?

Have people been using lithium-ion for trail cameras? If so, do they hold a charge well in winter temperatures?

Thanks much!

Edited by arrowsmith

Eneloop (Japanese: エネループ Hepburn: Enerūpu) is a brand of 1.2-volt low self-discharge nickel–metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries and accessories developed by Sanyo (later acquired by Panasonic), introduced in 2005. I and a lot of others prefer these or the same battery branded differently

I use either alkaline or lithium-ion on my commercial cam's, they hold up on the batt's real good so I don't use rechargeables on them.  It seems the battery test meter's on the cam's seem to have a problem with  lithium-ion batts and when they say 70% - I better change them, at night, when the lights come in, the video may only record 3 or 4 seconds (all my cams record video's so I doubt it matters with pix's)    Lithium-ion's  really last  a long time and have no problems when it's cold.

I use  NiMH's on  my brew cams, like BhT said, Eneloop's seem last longer than other brands.  I only use rechargables because they have been in them years LOL 

my 2 ¢

Edited by Tinhorn

I use nothing but NMH  AA rechargables for my cameras, and rechargables for the boards (most of which run on AAAs). the only exception is for a couple of boards that run on 9-volts, for those I use lithiums in the winter.

My rechargables are either 2400 MAHs or more AA Powerex (Imedion), Amazon basics (apparently made in the same factory) and a few old Energizer which are nearing the end of their useful lives -- after more than six years and many, many recharges they're beginning to not hold a charge long enough. The AAAs are Powerex, Energizer, Amazon or Rayovac and I can't see any difference between those four brands.

Thanks guys!!

Good to see a few familiar faces are still here!! We will definitely get more photos out this year!

We've heard some good things about a new 360 commercial camera. Would like to get one give it a try.